Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS: Gibson Murphy Lab R9 - Light Aged - Sunrise Teaburst - Handpicked Top. - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS: Gibson Murphy Lab R9 - Light Aged - Sunrise Teaburst - Handpicked Top.

What's Hot
NerineNerine Frets: 1659
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
All the pics are in the Reverb listing below.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/72668268-gibson-custom-shop-murphy-lab-1959-les-paul-standard-reissue-light-aged-in-sunrise-teaburst-handpicked-top

I bumped my NGD thread from a while ago, but I think having an actual FS thread would be a good plan. 

Anyway, all the deets are in the Reverb listing, other than the weight which is 8lb 6oz. 

£5,950 ono (Perhaps some wiggle room for Fretboarders - try me). Might take a part trade for a nice R8 and some cash my way. WHY? 

I have a deal in principle agreed outside of this forum, but that is not set to complete until next weekend. Therefore guitar may not hang around long, although I have made it clear that it's very much for sale in the meantime as it's been a slightly protracted affair at this point. 

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    Thanks dude. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MechaGodzilla1MechaGodzilla1 Frets: 0
    edited October 2023
    Sorry, asked for weight, but it is already posted. 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    A member PM'd me about the neck on this guitar. 

It's probably good info to share, so this was my response:

"As for the neck:

(Bear in mind this is all a bit subjective and "ish" because I've measured with a tape measure, but I'm typing this with guitar in lap to be as accurate as possible.)

At the nut it measures 44mm width and 27/28mm depth at its thickest point and at the 12th fret before the heel taper gets involved you're looking at 53mm width and interestingly a similar depth. I say "interestingly" because it definitely feels chunkier at the nut end.

The neck starts as what I would call a C which fills the fleshy area between your thumb and the knuckle of your first finger nicely. 
    As you progress along, the shoulders definitely get more pronounced and I'd say it transitions to a D shape between the 8th and 12th fret and beyond. After this, neck thickness (depth) increases as you would expect towards the 16th fret where the fretboard meets the body. Either way, I think it's a lovely neck carve. 

Whether the measurements above mean a great deal, I don't know, but it's a very comfortable neck. I generally prefer a chunkier neck on my guitars, and I don't find this one to feel too skinny. It's more hefty than the R0's I've played and has a rounder profile than a modern LP standard or something based on trying/comparing some of my friends' guitars."