Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Favourite Boss CP1X settings? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Favourite Boss CP1X settings?

Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
I've just got a CP1-x, and am about to start faffing around with it.

Dialling in my bass compressor (Seymour Duncan Double Back) took about a minute, but this seems a bit less obvious.  Possibly because the CP1-x is very well-behaved whatever you do with it, so my usual approach of 'find out where it sounds rubbish and tweak it to something else ' doesn't work.

Does anyone have favourite settings that they would be happy to share? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I've got the bass version and like you discovered that it just never sounds bad no matter how it is set.
    There's definitely some witchcraft going on in there.

I usually leave the Release at noon, the Ratio at about 2pm and then I adjust the Threshold depending on what instrument I've plugged into it. I have some with vintage outputs and some with mad active high outputs. Volume to taste.

They are marvellous pedals, and just work every time with every instrument.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks Fretmeister. I'll try that out. 
  • Aha. The controls on the CP1-x are different: level, attack, ratio, compression. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I suspect the compression control is the same as the threshold on the bass one.