Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). offers on Eventide effects from Guitar Guitar - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

offers on Eventide effects from Guitar Guitar

What's Hot
finest1finest1 Frets: 88
I thought this may be of interest. please leave reviews as it may help others

Eventide Clearance | guitarguitar
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    £119 is a super price !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 807
    edited October 2023
    Well I've ordered the delay.
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • finest1finest1 Frets: 88
    jdgm said:
    Well I've ordered the delay.
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    what did you order?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2023
    This -

£119 + P&P £2.99.  Reading up on it, it's a hardware version of their plug-in and included in the H9 multifx.  I like delays...and a bargain

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I paid a lot more for my Ultratap in May. It's very cool. You'll definitely want to read the manual though. Took me a little while to figure out. Good for special effects
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    roberty said:
    I paid a lot more for my Ultratap in May. It's very cool. You'll definitely want to read the manual though. Took me a little while to figure out. Good for special effects
    This sounds right up my alley!
  • I don't really need a pedal (I've an HX FX and Helix native and various other plugins) but that delay pedal does sound lush and I'm trying hard to resist the calls of GAS which are saying "Learning a complicated delay like this is like learning a new instrument you know..."

It sounds really good on youtube
  • tdan71tdan71 Frets: 8
    Just had mine delivered, I really like it!
  • It’s a great pedal/algorithm. For the price a no-brainer
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    The Tricerachorus is fantastic.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Gassage said:
    The Tricerachorus is fantastic.
    This ^^ - The “Chorale” mode on that one is the closest I’ve ever heard to the Alex Lifeson chorus sound of 85-87 in one pedal…
    edited October 2023
    The Ultrataps have all gone.
  • Stock is low to zero on all of the line, I wonder if there’s an update coming or something new in general? Or are we to assume that they didn’t sell very well?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I’m sure they sound good but packaging an algorithm from an old multi-Fx into a single pedal and charging £250 was always going to be a bit of a p*sstake, maybe that’s if? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    Agreed Jay, but at £120 it becomes a very reasonable option. I also figure a h9 is what £350 s/h? The h9 has a load of gubbins I don’t need and isn’t (imo) user friendly, whilst these narrow the choices to the bits I might want to use and give me control of them without getting my phone out mid-gig. I’d say at this price point it’s a big win. 
  • I agree, £120 seems a good price. As you said, a £250 algorithm doesn’t make much sense when for another £100 you can get a H9. I’ve seen Max’s go for that. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    edited October 2023
    A lot of people, myself included aren’t really into the complexity of the H9. Having the great algorithms each in a single-purpose box with dedicated controls was always a good idea for a different sort of customer, I thought. Agree 250 might have been slightly on the high side, but they are stereo boxes in metal enclosures. £119 is a steal though - very much more than fair. Eventide’s algorithms are second to none. 
  • Definitely agree, the Blackhole is worth it alone, for me.

• Stock is low to zero on all of the line, I wonder if there’s an update coming or something new in general? Or are we to assume that they didn’t sell very well?
    Guessed wrong…they’re adding to the line, if anything…great news, imo…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02fXTDdxpJ8WLjDk8eGjNjFfUGsc1Dy7ewyESXvDSZFQQT5xCYV8Bmeg6nqqWVFRRil&id=100064507551956

edited October 2023
    My Ultratap came today via DPD.  Very quick delivery, well packed and includes printed receipt, psu, a USB lead and 3 card overlays which must be for marking knob positions. The manual is a  6-page Quick Reference Guide.  The pedal itself is reassuringly solid.

All quite intuitive but very interactive and will take a bit of learning as every knob has 2 functions, like some multifx pedals.   

Probably the most complex single pedal I've bought. I had been thinking about a Dawner Prince Boonar and though this is very different, it will more than do   and was just unmissable for the £££.  Would be amazing with a synth or drum machine.

The 5 presets are selectable with the switches (which also have 2 functions) but there are 127 total via MIDI pgm change. And it has MIDI clock. 
    I've downloaded the Device Manager Software.
    I paid £180 which was still pretty good I think. As a standalone it's quite complicated as it is, I think an H9 would break my brain. I've come up with a few sounds I like on it but not used it in anger yet
    Congrats everyone who got one for £120 :-)