Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sinead - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sinead

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
Look at the start of this video......dear God, have you ever saw anyone so beautiful?  

Gonna put up a very interesting Ruby Wax interview with Sinead later........she was not only lovely she was VERY clever 

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657

tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    The most astonishing eyes
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Hootsmon said:
    Look at the start of this video......dear God, have you ever saw anyone so beautiful?  

Zero attraction in my case. In all fairness that would also have been her response to me. I can't be doing with really short hair on women.

I'm not saying she wasn't attractive, just not my sort. But a very interesting character though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    edited October 2023
    <ADMIN EDIT: Removed xenophobic bullshit>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    This is what she would have wanted
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5721
    She looks like a very pretty young man.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I prefer bald women to bald men.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

She's not really my type but I saw her in New York in 1999.  She was coming out of a shop in Grenwich village and held the door open for me.  I didn't know who it was at the time, but I do remeber her eyes, which held a piercing gaze.  

As she walked past I couldn't help but follow the gaze and we both looked back at each other for a moment.

About 10 minutes later, when she had long gone, I realised who is was.   I'm not sure if I looked at her a bit longer than normal becuase her eyes were so mesmerising, or because I had some recognition of her.

Either way, it was definitely a missed opportunity to say 'nothing compares 2 U' as she walked off. 

Would have probably got a punch in that case.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Maybe she held her gaze for a second because she liked the look of you.  In another world maybe you might have smiled and started talking to her, gone for a coffee, etc.  Chance encounters and events shape all our lives more than we think.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited October 2023
    A very charismatic and special person who could grip your attention in an intense way like almost nobody else but was somehow also just very warm and funny and soft. It’s a real shame she’s gone. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I don't know what it was that drove her to such depths of sadness but it hurts to think another human can get so low that they just can't stand living anymore.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Her struggles were well documented 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    edited October 2023
    It’s her modesty, introspection, intelligence and forthrightness.  Beauty in an ugly world.
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    Indeed yes ... the thought of taking one's own life is beyond my capabilities :anguished: 

Ray Wilson (ex same school as me, ex Stiltskin, ex Genesis) wrote a belter of a song about how he felt about his friend's suicide at a young age ... here's an acoustic version: