Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sorted :-) Strymon Timeline - Noise when connecting in other pedals ?? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sorted :-) Strymon Timeline - Noise when connecting in other pedals ??

maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 526
edited October 2023 in FX
I'm a Strymon Timeline virgin, only having received it today but . . . . 
If I go, guitar, Boss TU3 Tuner, then into the Strymon, then out to my two Amps . . its great. . . 
If I put my Digitech Polara Reverb before the Strymon I get a noise ( not loud ) but it sounds like some with a Vacuum Cleaner a few doors down the street ( shite description ) . . . On its own the Timeline is faultless, with the TU3, its OK, with the Digitech Polara after the Polara rather than before it its fine . . . Is it my cables perhaps ??
Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Are those the only pedals in the chain? No drives, any Klon klones?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    How are you powering the pedals?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • How are you powering the pedals?
    Was just coming to say the same. Sounds like a power issue, especially given that it happens when you introduce another power hungry digital effect. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Never use a daisy chain power cable or non isolated power supply for digital pedals.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Never had noise from a Strymon, BUT power is essential.

Also, if there is a pedal with a charge pump (eg klon) this may affect it.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 526
    The little pedal board I have is powered via a little Power Brick ( Cadine or Joyo  . . Not sure I'll check ) but it has 5 x 100 ma outputs and 1 x 500 ma output . . . . . I've ordered a single 500 ma Supply off Amazon for the Strymon . . As I mentioned the Strymon on its own is glorious :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    It could well be you're getting too close to the PUS's total supply limit. Google tells me the Timeline needs about 300mA and the Polara another 50mA, so if the PSU is not designed well it might be struggling. Seems weird that it would be ok with pedals in one order but not another though. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I forgot to add . . . Thanks for the info @stickyfiddle ; @Wazmeister @mrkb @GavRichList ; @BintyTwanger77 ;
    always appreciate the insight & opinion of fellow forum members . . . Amazon delivery in the next hour or so  . . so fingers crossed :-)

Yippee ! ! . . completely resolved . . . It must have been that the power supply was close to its Max Output . . . I've just had a delivery from those nice people at Amazon Prime, and the new ( single 500 ma ) Power Supply was an immediate success . .

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Great news mate !

These things can be really frustrating at the time.

Enjoy the new quiet pedal :)