Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Revv G2/G3/G4 Pedals - Seeking Opinions - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Revv G2/G3/G4 Pedals - Seeking Opinions

HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 25
edited October 2023 in FX
Having used a Helix for the last 5 years, I've come back around to amps and pedals to seek an end to the never-ending patch shaping and adjusting I always found myself in when I should have just been playing.

So I got myself a Marshall SL-5 and an Orange Rocker Terror 15.  Both are really great, but I've come to the conclusion over the last couple of weeks that I'm picky and I don't think I'll find an amp overdrive that will meet my needs without needing a few pedals to shape it.  Unfortunately I'm more of a 'press a button and get a distinct sound' type of person.  So I want clean, driven, heavy and filthy with a single corresponding button for each.

I'll also admit I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to neatness , so this is where seeing Revv (and Strymon) pedals lined up together really gets that dopamine going.  I also always gravitated back to the Revv Generator models in the Helix, and this would be an approximation of that amp.

So, after coming to all these conclusions, I think the Revv pedals might suit my needs best.  I would be looking to run them into the Orange near term, and if everything works out - and I find the Orange lacking - I might find a true pedal platform amp like a D20 in the future.

Having watched reviews for each Revv pedal I like them all individually.  Driven, heavy and filthy, respectively.  I also like the fact that the G2 can act as a boost for the others.  However, before jumping in head-first, I'm looking for anyone who has used the pedals in the past - either in isolation or all together.  Are there any pros and cons, or anything else that should be considered?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter