Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My 'Best Guitars 2023' and maybe you might like some? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My 'Best Guitars 2023' and maybe you might like some?

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
Yeah, no way everyone will agree with this list, but we all know Best Of lists are Google fodder so I had to make one.  ;)

Best Guitars 2023

And for anyone that really wants an argument, I also did Best Effects 2023 the other day (I see a theme coming over the next month or so...)

You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    edited October 2023
    Well, having played an SE Silver Sky the other week I’d have to agree with you there. Really nice neck and pickups. The 8.5” radius of the fretboard was a perfect compromise between old and new and was superbly comfortable. Unfortunately the three-a-side headstock and bird inlays were deal breakers for me. However it played and felt a lot nicer than most Strats at a similar price point.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Played one too, but the 8.5” radius and somewhat shrunken appointments was odd. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    A very nicely laid out page! None of the guitars appeal to me but it was certainly worth reading through.
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    I think you have put together a great list - I would be happy to have one each of those - assuming lefty versions were to be available
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    I thought everyone would have disagreed with my choices, to be honest.

However, I think it is always a huge compromise limiting how many 'Best' of anything you could have.

There are obviously lots of other guitars I loved over the last year and some really great small builders making amazing guitars.

Was kind of fun putting a limit of only 5 though, as it makes you think about what they offer and for how much money, etc

You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    edited October 2023
    I'm sure everyone does disagree based on their own personal tastes! But you have presented in such a way that its there as a prompter for people to think about rather than a definitive statement, and I don't mind seeing other peoples opinions on gear. 

I've seen similar lists before and they include almost nothing away from the mainstream, so are limited to the latest itineration of the Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster and Gibson LP etc, which are all rather pointless in mentioning. But I quite like reading about the Shergold and the Eastman, because they would not be the first thing that springs to mind. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    Nicely set out and really interesting choices there too. Almost like you wanted it to be helpful and not just controversial ;) 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I like the Shergold.  As I said elsewhere, it's like a budget Ivison Dakota which is no bad thing.