Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD - Ibanez Destroyer content - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD - Ibanez Destroyer content

What's Hot
NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
edited October 2023 in Guitar
Unfortunately my dear friend past away a couple weeks a go, he is one of the reasons I play guitar. RIP. At the funeral I found out he left me a guitar. This is it, what do you think? 

The last photo is a sticker on the case which I think is cool. 

0reaction image LOL 31reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 505
    Lovely guitar, even nicer gesture from your friend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited October 2023
    Sorry for your loss, but what a great way to remember them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    edited October 2023
    I'm really sorry about your friend. That's a sweet guitar - when the grief is a little less raw, get it out the case and play the crap out of it in their memory, and the memory of their part in why you play in the first place.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    Also, you're right - the Marshall sticker's cool, not seen that tagline before.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    Ah that's lovely - on all fronts.
    Hope you enjoy it to the full.
  • MaakMaak Frets: 52
    That's awesome!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    randella said:
    the Marshall sticker's cool, not seen that tagline before.
    Marshall used "go over big" for decades. 
    Be seeing you.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    Your friend had awesome taste and what a kind gesture to leave such an awesome guitar. Reminds me of Phil Collens old Ibanez
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Give it some good runs.. 
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 569
    What an amazing gift. I would buy a display cabinet and put it up in my house forever (and play it too, obviously!). 

Sorry for your loss.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Thank you all. He was an amazing friend and a great player and singer. 

I just gotta figure out how to setup the Kahler trem! 

Did find this old video though. 

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2770
    Yes, really sorry to hear you've lost a friend, but that is a stunning guitar with a really cool 80s vibe to it.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    That is a truly wonderful guitar. I'm sorry for your loss mate
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited October 2023
    Neilybob said: 
    I just gotta figure out how to setup the Kahler. 

Be aware that the vibrato in the video is a Hybrid-X model. The one on the Destroyer is the regular flatmount Pro. It does not have the lock-off grub screw.

Ibanez Destroyer with Kahler and DiMarzios is pretty much THE dream guitar of @HarrySeven. ;
    Be seeing you.
    roberty said:
    That is a truly wonderful guitar. I'm sorry for your loss mate
    You’ll get to see it too as I’ll bring it to the Bristol tFB jam tomorrow.  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sorry for your loss, Neil.  But a lovely gesture - very cool.

That will need to go into the Marshall tomorrow!
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    A sad loss for you, but what a stunning guitar ... really special. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• NightswanNightswan Frets: 1142
    Very sorry to hear about your friend. That was a wonderful gesture from him! A truly stunning DT555.
    Sorry for your loss, Neil.  But a lovely gesture - very cool.

That will need to go into the Marshall tomorrow!
    Definitely!! Thanks mate. 
    Thank you all for your kind comments. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2008
    Sorry for your loss. What a lovely memento to have of your friend.

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    I can only echo all the words here already. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and I love the guitar, hope it brings you a feeling of closeness over the years.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    That's beautiful on both counts. What a lovely thing for your friend to do.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    Funkfingers said:

Ibanez Destroyer with Kahler and DiMarzios is pretty much THE dream guitar of @HarrySeven. ;
    Correct! :D 

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• McTootMcToot Frets: 1977
    Fantastic guitar and a much missed but well remembered friend I'd say. 

If you do Facebook you should join the Destroyer group and show the guitar off:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/13007190060

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

McToot said:
    Fantastic guitar and a much missed but well remembered friend I'd say. 

If you do Facebook you should join the Destroyer group and show the guitar off:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/13007190060
    Wow lots of eye candy in that FB group. Thank you. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Sad circumstances, but the guitar is always going to give you good memories of your friend.  Time to get a Pyromania tab book (do they still make tab books?).
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
    A golfing friend of mind left me one of his clubs once he had passed, it’s a lovely memory to have every time I use it. 

He obviously wanted you to benefit from having it whether you keep it or sell it, but it’s a fabulous guitar. 
    Sorry for your loss.