Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NEW Positive Grid Spark Cab (140W, powered) - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NEW Positive Grid Spark Cab (140W, powered)

What's Hot
AmigoAmigo Frets: 109
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Darn I just spotted this and thought I’d beat everyone to it, ive not even read about it yet 
      But looking forward to . This is quite an interesting development 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 173
    Early bird offer at £259. Will be interesting to see how this sounds as a Spark 40 owner I’m watching….. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 173
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeB said:
    Early bird offer at £259. Will be interesting to see how this sounds as a Spark 40 owner I’m watching….. 
    that sounds exceedingly reasonable   I was fearing it would be a lot more expensive 
    I will save reading about it & watching the video for a bit later. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Clever launch to appease the 'we want a giggable Spark' crowd. Works with all Spark amps and keeps the cost down compared to buying a 'big' Spark if they were to make one. 
    I approve. Just need to hear more demos.
    Oo, it's only 13.5kg...
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 25
    The Spark 40 combined with the cab makes it look like a very smart looking mini-stack.  And there I was just about to buy a Spark Mini ...
    I've no idea how these FRFR ratings work. Is 140W enough for gigging?
  • DiscoStu said:
    It says 10” speaker & some sort of tweeters  
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    This + HX stomp = very portable jam rig. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445
    sgosden said:
    This + HX stomp = very portable jam rig. 
    Could work well for extra reinforcement as well for a regular amp using parallel paths in the stomp.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445
    DiscoStu said:
    I think so, SPL is 120dB peak.  

By comparrison the 8" headrush is 129dB peak, but I think 120dB would be plenty.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    It looks great.. incredibly tempting.
  • This looks really good to be fair, nice looking design and could be used as others have said with an HX Stomp or any number of other modellers, big and small. If it's effectively the same kind of thing as a Headrush but with a nicer outfit, that would be pretty good for £259/£289 I reckon
  • Looks nice.. not sure it could replace my Laney LFR112 though..  I like the more vertical form factor it has and its 4kg lighter... but perhaps lacking in the power dept..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• allenallen Frets: 545
    Do all of the spark amps have the same functions? Could get the tiny one and then add this.
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    allen said:
    Do all of the spark amps have the same functions?
    Yes they do.
    edited October 2023
    Whistler said:
    allen said:
    Do all of the spark amps have the same functions?
    Yes they do.

Via the app, yes. The differences between them are physical as in size/output/number of controls.