Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tweedy tone works, (5E3)Tweedy-luxe demo - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tweedy tone works, (5E3)Tweedy-luxe demo

What's Hot
PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 291
edited October 2023 in Amps
My first chance to give this little amp a proper go, so thought I'd record it and post on Youtube for anyone else who may want to hear it, as there's very little out there on this magnificent amplifier. 
   I'm a little sloppy and ham-fisted in my technique, but even so, always good to get different perspectives I feel.
   I did find , that when I came back from the rehearsal room, I gave it another go at home, but much quieter. It has the most beautiful sensitivity and character.
   For an amplifier with two volumes and one tone control, it can cover a broad spectrum of sounds...especially if you have a few pedals to hand, as it loves them.
https://youtu.be/7xYKZHUQmfY?si=kQESdaDQnaP4izBW
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Sounds bloody great.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975 said:
    Sounds bloody great.
    And that’s your old Jimi C fuzz I’m using! I tend to crack off the guitar volume just a fraction, then full volume for max implosion  :3
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nice!

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Wowsers very tasty tones. 

Really hard to beat the 5E3 circuit to be honest.  
  • Neilybob said:
    Wowsers very tasty tones. 

Really hard to beat the 5E3 circuit to be honest.  
    Thanks, my first time with one of these...and loving it. I paired it with my Pro junior which sounded pretty good too. Looking forward to trying the Tele and Gretsch with it next.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I should never have sold it…. <3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tone1 said:
    I should never have sold it…. <3
    Thinking the same thing about my pedal  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1602
    Why DO people keep flogging this thing? Sounds like a great 5e3 for any money 

• tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    edited October 2023
    I’m a one amp at home type of player….Unfortunately, my Romany Plus 1x12 with Reverb won the day for me……I travel light & it was time to find a new home with @Gassage….although it did involve a hospital visit after I slashed my leg open with a Stanley knife whilst packing it up….true story 

edit….I suppose I should call dibs though 
    =) 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    I loved it. Issue for me was the early break up. 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    merlin said:
    I loved it. Issue for me was the early break up. 
    Surely easily resolved by a speaker swap? Or installing a 12AY7 ? 
  • Yeah, it breaks up quite quickly. so the volume is more like a gain control, just like a 1987x Marshall or even the current SV20,  but hey, that's cool, it's all part of it's character. As a one amp to suit all purposes, probably not the best, but it shines beautifully in what it does do. And I'm proud to be a small part of its journey.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    For those interested in buying it, Steve Grosvenor did a full service and did quite a lot of tidying up of the chassis last year so it should be in great working condition.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    For those interested in buying it, Steve Grosvenor did a full service and did quite a lot of tidying up of the chassis last year so it should be in great working condition.

I'm hoping this is a keeper, for the price it's awesome.
    She loves this setting with my Strat and pedals as in the video. The guitar volume cleans up pretty well...