Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oops, I may have just ordered an Ibanez TOD! - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oops, I may have just ordered an Ibanez TOD!

What's Hot
I've been a long time fan of new and different types of stuff, so when I came across Polyphia I was kind of "huh"?

But the Tim Henson Ibanez really looks to have ticked all my boxes for an at home and studio, and maybe even live nylon guitar, so I bought one!

It'll be a few weeks before I can get it, but really looking forwards to a NGD :)
littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Be interesting to see . Is it kinda silvery with what they call a tree of death 
      Happy anticipation of new guitar day 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    That's an acoustic? Interesting!
  • Any photos?
  • @guitarjack66 ; Not my photo, still waiting for a collection date from Andertons, but looks like this. Has a traditional classical style headstock.

product gallery 1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Interesting design.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 595
    edited October 2023
    Mmm.

To me its a hybrid hollow body nylon electro-acoustic. Important not to get too stressed about definitions if it's nice though!! Which it looks.

And pardon my ignorance but I assume the electricky stuff only work for the bottom 3 strings or is there something major I'm not knowing? Sorry, don't really know much about guitars with electric bits. That being said, if this were a classical, I would quite fancy the headstock design, and the inlays actually. Nice. :-)

Have fun with it  :-)

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    DavidR said:
    Mmm.

And pardon my ignorance but I assume the electricky stuff only work for the bottom 3 strings or is there something major I'm not knowing? Sorry, don't really know much about guitars with electric bits. That being said, if this were a classical, I would quite fancy the headstock design, and the inlays actually. Nice. :-)

My guess is there’s a piezo pickup under the saddle that works, I think, on the vibration of the strings through the saddle, so doesn’t need steel strings to work with a “normal” electric pickup.
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 172
    So this is a Tim Henson? You sure it's not an acoustic by Jim Henson...!
    Seriously though, it looks like a nice guitar. I'd be interested to hear it played. I think you'll have fun with that. Lovely classic body design.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    Looks lovely that ... it obviously can sound lovely too if you have talent

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Soupman said:
    So this is a Tim Henson? You sure it's not an acoustic by Jim Henson...!
    Seriously though, it looks like a nice guitar. I'd be interested to hear it played. I think you'll have fun with that. Lovely classic body design.

Muppet!
  • K.Yairi produced a guitar very similar many years ago. Paul McCartney and a few others endorsed them .....
  • stufisher said:
    Looks lovely that ... it obviously can sound lovely too if you have talent

It's not the talent,it's the tattoos!
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    I had never heard of Tim Henson nor Polyphia until this thread.

A few YouTube clicks later, and I'm regretting ever clicking on the thread.

Absolutely

Feckin'

AWFUL!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigPaulie said:

Absolutely

Feckin'

"Not my thing"
    FTFY, we can't all like the same things. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I like the narrow width body but it does look like an electric with nylon strings rather than an acoustic. Not sure if that is the idea but a good/very good/great player can play almost anything and it sound good. That is not me!
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    BigPaulie said:

Absolutely

Feckin'

"Not my thing"
    FTFY, we can't all like the same things. 
    Indeed we cannot