Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Northern Ireland and imports - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Northern Ireland and imports

I have been looking online and can't work out if the vacuum cleaner I just bought from a Northern Ireland dealer is going to cost me extra in import duties/ taxes 
Does anyone know, it is over £130
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    Should be no customs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 256
    No, Northern Ireland is part of the UK so you won’t get charged any extra.
  • Jono111Jono111 Frets: 135
    Ta,  that's what I thought but someone said there would be more to pay and the sites I looked at weren't explaining it in short enough words
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Jono111 said:
    Ta,  that's what I thought but someone said there would be more to pay and the sites I looked at weren't explaining it in short enough words
    Name and shame them for spreading utter misinformed shite
  • Perhaps they meant it would cost more to ship.  Regularly, I see free shipping to find out it is mainland only.  Then £8 for Highlands and Islands.  Then £35 for Northern Ireland and Outer Mongolia.  I have tried contacting suppliers to request Royal Mail but they have to use a courier, apparently.
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 839
    Ask Boris, he might know. On second thoughts, maybe you’ve got more chance here 
  • Perhaps they meant it would cost more to ship.  Regularly, I see free shipping to find out it is mainland only.  Then £8 for Highlands and Islands.  Then £35 for Northern Ireland and Outer Mongolia.  I have tried contacting suppliers to request Royal Mail but they have to use a courier, apparently.
    Looking at you Andertons! Thomann can do it but not UK stores.