Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A bit different Esquire - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A bit different Esquire

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
edited October 2023 in Making & Modding
Body in chambered Swamp Ash from Graham @GSPBASSES to my spec, uber lightweight 2lbs 12oz, virtually a Thinline without the f hole, to my spec

Allparts neck with star inlays and a refret with med jumbos by Moi, heel modded to square Tele dimensions, finished in TruOil, painted headstock with locking tuners

Wilky Tele half bridge with high output humbucker Invader clone

Single 500k volume pot, the knob needs changing to gold Tele knurled jobby

Nitro paint on the body and headstock, racing stripe in Gold Leaf, no grain fill, no primer, so the paint sinks into the grain, the finish is straight from the can…

Subtle in looks and sound it aint

Took it our weekly jam today, well pleased with it

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Is your favourite Fairport Convention song Sloth?
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    Never heard of it, Ill have a listen!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Have ear plugs ready. Dave Swarbrick contributes some vocals! 
    Be seeing you.
    Well, that wasnt quite what I was expecting….

• Awesome work. I love the grain showing through the blue and the aging on the gold stripe. You decided against the pickup ring in the end? Currently building my first Tele from scratch so I love threads like this
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    paulnb57 said:
    Allparts neck with star inlays and a refret with med jumbos by Moi, heel modded to square Tele dimensions, finished in TruOil, painted headstock with locking tuners.
    Is this Moi chap based near you?  It looks like he can do a fine fret job.  I have a guitar needing a refret and might ask Moi if he can do it for me  ;)
    edited October 2023
    BillDL said:
    paulnb57 said:
    Allparts neck with star inlays and a refret with med jumbos by Moi, heel modded to square Tele dimensions, finished in TruOil, painted headstock with locking tuners.
    Is this Moi chap based near you?  It looks like he can do a fine fret job.  I have a guitar needing a refret and might ask Moi if he can do it for me 
    Ive done 4 refrets now , 3 to replace vintage frets with Med Jumbos and one was worn out. All have gone well, one was a bound Maple fretboard and I managed to do it without having to do a refinish….but I couldnt in a million years, do someone elses, (and Ive been asked) Id be worried about cocking it up.
    Same with setups, I can do a setup on my sleep (almost) and folk often ask, but is I dropped a tool and damaged a finish on someone elses…