Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NAD-Quilter Superblock UK - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NAD-Quilter Superblock UK

What's Hot
spev11spev11 Frets: 214
Saw one on Ebay and after all the positive comments I thought I'd give one a go. Put a bid on for the maximum I was prepared to pay and forgot all about it. It just arrived now and its even smaller than I thought It would be (shouldnt have been a suprise as there is an XLR socket for scale).
  If its as good as every one says then I'll double down on shifting the EVH 5150 15watt (which is great to be fair but a big old box for my small room)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Nice. Do let us know how you get on, and how it responds to pedals please.

Even with the XLR I didn't appreciate the titchy size until I saw your plectrum there. Some optical illusion, that.

HNPedalSizedAD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    im hoping it will sit well with my Trio+ and new AXE One interface, I might even make a little stand/rise to hold them on the table top.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markvmarkv Frets: 449
    I've been really tempted to get one of these to complement the Superblock US I already have, which I have been very impressed with. Not because I really need it but just because it's pretty cost-effective and, like you say, tiny.

Hope you enjoy it and will be interested to hear how you get on!
    I’ve had a quick play this afternoon and I’m very impressed so far, pedals seem great, I’m going to need a high gain option and my big muff sounds a bit thick and muddy but that may be the pedal as I’ve had my suspicions for a while. I now fancy the US version to compliment it.
      More info later
  • Fwiw I just acquired a quilter Mach 3. Bit of a wild punt for me but I'm struggling to fault it! I'm very impressed with the quilter technology. I'll probably get rid of my tone king now.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    I only tend to read positive stuff about Quilter products, but damn their image is soooo beige and drab. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    To be fair its not a looker  =) and the knobs are a bit meh. I'd also prefer the XLR out to be on the side but it would make it bigger I suppose ( plus I'd prefer there to be a seperate line out volume control ). I can live with all these little foibles as it sounds great.
     If they were to mount it in a little head shaped box I suspect that would also divide opinion as then it wouldnt be so small and portable.
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    edited October 2023
    I've had the US version for a while now. 

After the honeymoon period, I still think it sounds exactly right.  The only thing I would change would be to have a more butch power switch, but on a loud, high quality amp that fits in a jacket pocket and costs less than a valve amp service, I'll live with that happily enough.

The 'beige' image is a bit irrelevant, because the audience won't even see it.  They'll only notice the cab :- )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter