Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bass on a wall hanger dimension - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bass on a wall hanger dimension

What's Hot
StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1189
in Guitar tFB Trader
Hi All

I wondered if anyone out there could assist with a dimension I'm in need of? 
I'm after the drop length of a P Bass on a wall hanger, from the hanger itself where the headstock sits to the rear strap button if anyone has one they could measure for me? 

Cheers,
Rich
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    What hanger? Some will sit lower off the baseplate  than others
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1189
    tFB Trader
    elstoof said:
    What hanger? Some will sit lower off the baseplate  than others
    Doesn't matter where the hanger is in relation to the baseplate, it's just the distance between where the headstock sits in the hanger and the rear strap button I need. 

I have no basses here to get a rough measurement.
    So just the length from the curve of the headstock to the button?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • You could web search the dimensions of the guitar. For the full length and lop off a bit for the headstock if you cant get that length. Have a look at this example I found. https://shop.gitabou.de/product/1951-p-bass-drawing/?lang=en

• martmart Frets: 5165
    I don't have a P bass to hand, but my (Harley-Benton copy) MusicMan is 95cm from hanger to strap button, and my Jazz is only a hair longer than that, so I think that ought to be a safe approximation.
    edited October 2023
    Roughly 37.5” or 95cm I makes it.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1732
    Mine is 98cm from the top of the padded hanger arm to the bottom of the strap button. That's a Squier p-bass and the arms of the hanger are slightly skewed as I find that the headstock sits in it a bit nicer (so that makes the measurement maybe a centimetre longer than it would be if set square). 
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1189
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated :)