Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guess where the latest advert takes you on this forum? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guess where the latest advert takes you on this forum?

What's Hot
Richards Guitars! Now that is quite funny. I wonder what he thinks of this!

“Ken sent me.”
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 169
    Never heard of 'em.
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    We don’t all get the same ads (unless you are all getting ones for the Camping and Caravaning Club every day) but I would have guessed at Music Radar. Richards Guitars might be funnier I’ll grant you. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    I used to enjoy his rambling YouTube rants. A bit of a guilty pleasure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    There's adverts on here?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    You're lucky .......I have had 3 today ;
    1 Some boring battery charger for power tools
    2 A cat cafe
    3 Patio cleaner
      It's a shame but since my therapy and morality re-set causing a change in my browsing habits I no longer get the ads for things like "Fat bitches that like to party ", " Strict Lady Doctor says enema is compulsory " or "Best prices on Nappies for Adult Babies "
    Must be an algorithm thing
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Dominic said:
    You're lucky .......I have had 3 today ;
    1 Some boring battery charger for power tools
    2 A cat cafe
    3 Patio cleaner
      It's a shame but since my therapy and morality re-set causing a change in my browsing habits I no longer get the ads for things like "Fat bitches that like to party ", " Strict Lady Doctor says enema is compulsory " or "Best prices on Nappies for Adult Babies "
    Must be an algorithm thing
    You have been assimilated. Don't let them grind you down, man!
  • westfordwestford Frets: 514
    I just get the Temu ads, although at least they’re now trying to sell me a cute fluffy Highland cow toy instead of the dubious “is that a sex toy, an implement of torture or something else?” things.
  • Nothing against Richard , but I just found it funny to see the advert on here, since he was banned :)
    “Ken sent me.”
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    Nice of him to fund the forum though.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    edited October 2023
    I still get the nappy one. Hope this helps x.

Edit: how do I get the cat cafe? I am willing to spend BIG MONEY on a cat cafe saetup but the relevant advertisers will not contact me! :scream: 
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

I've been thinking about a new acoustic, and a recent thread on here (Furch) took me straight to Richards.

I'd really like to support him - independent, *very* passionate about what he does, impressive range of decent quality gear, but.

I'm still torturing myself.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Dominic said:

I’ll pm you the links x
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    Do you guys not use an ad blocker?
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    oh_pollo said:
    And miss all the opportunities for spam, Trojans & malware? :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    Why would I wanna block images of body hugging, metallic wear on lissome and lythe Asian burdz ?
  • Richards Guitars! Now that is quite funny. I wonder what he thinks of this!

SOMEONE doesn’t know how the interweb works, eh?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    oh_pollo said:
    Yep , a £3 a month Patreon one.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    THERE! That's the moral high ground right there! Accurate too...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTony said:

I've been thinking about a new acoustic, and a recent thread on here (Furch) took me straight to Richards.

I'd really like to support him - independent, *very* passionate about what he does, impressive range of decent quality gear, but.

I'm still torturing myself.

Go in person and be prepared for an overenthusiastic welcome. All the horror stories seem to involve online sales and I always found him much better to deal with in meatspace.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• mrkb said:
    oh_pollo said:
    I dont use one on here as adverts provide this forum with some $. Servers cost ya know !
    “Ken sent me.”
  • Richards Guitars! Now that is quite funny. I wonder what he thinks of this!

SOMEONE doesn’t know how the interweb works, eh?
    Which part of the Network OSI are you struggling with ?

Layer 7 maybe ?
    “Ken sent me.”
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Was expecting this to say "Andertons".

Followed by a YT expose that Lee Anderton owns shares in the Fretboard from KDH...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • Was expecting this to say "Andertons".

Followed by a YT expose that Lee Anderton owns shares in the Fretboard from KDH...
    Lee has swapped the Forum for a couple of Guitars. We have a new Mod call Chappers and the Help and Feedback pages are awash with now Banned users 

The Gear pages are now renamed Chappers Gear
    Chappers FX
    Made by Chappers
    Chappers Bass

“Ken sent me.”
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    oh_pollo said:
    I use one at home but it creates its own issues, with sites bombarding me with "we see you're using an ad blocker" popups which are almost as annoying as the ads.  Anyway, for some sites I now use DuckDuckGo as a browser and that helps a lot.

Back to Richard... on my work laptop I do see the ads, but I haven't seen one for Richard's Guitars.  He has some good stuff in his shop, to be fair, but having watched some of his videos and followed past threads on here, I don't think I'd ever buy from him.
  • mrkb said:
    oh_pollo said:
    ...and your country thanks you :D

I must admit, this thread made me chuckle (for some reason, I never saw that ad...).
    <space for hire>