Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The very definition of ‘Optimism’ - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The very definition of ‘Optimism’

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    B..B...But its a very rare piece - with all the valves! He wasn't even planning on selling it. It was just an unfortunate accident that could be our gain. Bfore he knew what was happening, BAM, it had been listed.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I'm sure none of the original valves are missing!

If anyone is that interested, there's info on Kelly amps here.
    Actually it has a decent size speaker with a big magnet, unlike those shitty Woolies amps. However the circuit seems to be built on perf board, and goodness knows what state the electrolytic caps will be in by now.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Keefy said:
    Actually it has a decent size speaker with a big magnet, unlike those shitty Woolies amps. However the circuit seems to be built on boutique board, and goodness knows what state the electrolytic caps will be in by now.

FTFY  ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    If it's solid state, all the valves are missing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    It also has two Chanels - No.1 and No.5 presumably. (Nazi sympathies not included.)

He needs a new keyboard, that one clearly has a bounce on the 0 key.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• randellarandella Frets: 3847
    edited October 2023
    Keefy said:
    Actually it has a decent size speaker with a big magnet, unlike those shitty Woolies amps. However the circuit seems to be built on perf board, and goodness knows what state the electrolytic caps will be in by now.

The caps look new-ish, leastways they don't appear original to me. If they haven't leaked or otherwise drifted then after the speaker and PT, they're probably the most valuable thing in there. :)

Edited to add the smiley, as I sounded like I was having a dig at Keefy and not the amp which is what I meant!