Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What is the G4M Harlem X Tremolo? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What is the G4M Harlem X Tremolo?

What's Hot
CampbellHCampbellH Frets: 15
edited October 2023 in Guitar
I am trying to find information on the trem system. t's missing the trem arm and the mounting point for the trem arm is huge in diameter,I have nothing that fits. 
Its the first time I have had one of these floyd rose type trem systems to look at and it will be interesting to learn more about it, Iand I want to source a replacement arm as I go through the refurb of this guitar. Oh its the older small headstock version, if that makes a difference.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    At that price point, the vibrato on the Harlem will be a licensed Floyd Rose lookalike. Hardened steel knife edge inserts would be desirable but unlikely.

There are two main ways to attach the vibrato arm to the baseplate. One is a simple, sprung push-in design. The other involves a threaded collar around the arm that screws onto a corresponding thread on the parts through the baseplate.

It is possible that some (or all) of the "socket" parts are missing from your vibrato. Please either post photographs of your guitar bridge or measure the hole through the baseplate.

I almost certainly have compatible new old stock parts that will fit.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Funkfingers said:
    At that price point, the vibrato on the Harlem will be a licensed Floyd Rose lookalike. Hardened steel knife edge inserts would be desirable but unlikely.

There are two main ways to attach the vibrato arm to the baseplate. One is a simple, sprung push-in design. The other involves a threaded collar around the arm that screws onto a corresponding thread on the parts through the baseplate.

It is possible that some (or all) of the "socket" parts are missing from your vibrato. Please either post photographs of your guitar bridge or measure the hole through the baseplate.

I almost certainly have compatible new old stock parts that will fit.

Thanks I will get back to you when I start the strip down of this one. It's currently number 3 in the queue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter