Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS/FT - 1978 FENDER STRAT - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS/FT - 1978 FENDER STRAT

What's Hot
ReflexReflex Frets: 56
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Hello All

I recently acquired this strat in trade on the forum having wanted to own a slim necked 70’s strat for a very long time.  However I’m finding it’s not really getting a look in next to my Tyler and as much as I love having a such a lovely guitar on my wall, it’s not destined to be a keeper…  As such I’m putting it up for trade/sale (details below mostly taken from previous listing)

1978 Fender strat:

Neck is original and in very good condition for age.  Frets have a lot of life with very little wear.  Shape is skinny 70’s.  The string trees have been upgraded to rollers.

The body is original but stripped back and finished in Nitro.  The bridge pick-up cavity has been routed, possibly by Fender, possibly aftermarket.  Either way it’s professionally done.

The hardware is all original, as is the guitar case.  Electrics and pup’s are early 80’s and although Fender did mix and match around this period, are likely not original.

It weighs in at 7.2lbs and is nice and resonant. Plays really well and the action can be set extremely low. Everything works and adjusts as it should.

Happy to move it on for what I got it for - £1500 sale or £1600 trade

Trade wise, I’ve always wanted back a Greco SA550/700 trapeze that I once owned.  Alternatively I’d be interested in 330 style guitars.  I also like Suhrs and Musicman guitars, MacMull… try me (medium neck profiles only please)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments