Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD (Offset Squier Content) - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD (Offset Squier Content)

HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2781
    Nice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Original run or recent reissue?

My recollection is that the controls on the original edition were wired for two volumes and no tone.

The stock (G&B?) pickups will not be anything like gnarly enough for you. ;)
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    edited October 2023
    Original run or recent reissue?

My recollection is that the controls on the original edition were wired for two volumes and no tone.

The stock (G&B?) pickups will not be anything like gnarly enough for you.
    Recent reissue. 2020, IIRC.

Correct re. controls.

Also correct re. pickups - something chunkier required. 

I’ll try and resist fitting a vintage Kahler Pro. ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    I got one of these daft things a month or two ago, in ice blue metallic. Tuning stability* is shit, and I'm not sure about the pickups, but there's something intriguing about it that keeps me playing it.

*I've abandoned any ideas of using the vibrato arm, decked the bridge and taken the E and A strings out of the trees. It's OK now. I'll go to heavier strings when I get around to it. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 698
    These are notorious for their tuning instability. Still, I did enjoy mine for as long as I had it.

These being from the paranormal range, I think they are the Chinese made Squiers. Which always seem to feel a little bit nicer than the Indonesian Squiers for some reason.
  • Very nice, fancy one of these myself tbh
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    I had an original one but it was in tobacco sunburst with a flame maple cap. 
    Never seen another like it. 

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    That's a nice little Squier. HNGD.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Gerz6558 said:
    These are notorious for their tuning instability.

Sesh said:
    Tuning stability is shit. 
    Gotta wonder how much of that is due to the neck pocket having almost no side walls?

The other suspects would be nut slots, cheapo machineheads and the knife edges in the vibrato baseplate.
    Be seeing you.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    The neck seems stable enough. The wound strings going through the string trees is a clear binding point. Another issue is the string holes in the trem block are not big enough so the ball ends stick. When tuning mine after unboxing it, one of the strings pinged and pulled through by a few mm when I stretched it. I'm expecting restringing to be a swear job as it'll be stuck up there now. I think I'll drill the block out when I get around to it. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.