Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Celestion Redbacks. Anyone use them? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Celestion Redbacks. Anyone use them?

NerineNerine Frets: 1659
As per thread title.

I'm looking at a pair of 1x12's loaded with these. 

Thinking they can go as loud as I'll ever need, I could use one pretty safely with my JCM 800, and the plan is to get a couple of 1x12 cabs to use with an SS power amp to run my Fractal through. 

Looking at Friedman and Soldano cabs. I love Creambacks, so they're my first choice, but the power handling and flexibility of the Redback has me intrigued. Anyone tried them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Not even heard of them until now. If you like a tight sounding speaker they might be cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 357
    No first hand experience but there are some demos on the Zilla YouTube page, if you haven’t already seen those.

On those demos they sound very scooped, at least in the comparison to the H75 and V30.
  • BoltersBolters Frets: 39
    Unsolicited opinion, but I’m a big fan of the WGS12L. Basically an EVM but cheaper. 

I use them in a front loaded 2x12 cab with my all my Marshall’s, including a 2204, and they all sound great.