Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). OMG! Brilliant guitar hack!!! - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

OMG! Brilliant guitar hack!!!

What's Hot
BrioBrio Frets: 1499
Well obviously not, but I've always wanted to type that.
I have only just realised that if I leave a centimetre or so of my bottom E sticking out of the locking tuner, I can remove and re-install it a couple of times without having to buy a new one everytime I decide to go "Keith" and play 5 string open G.

D'Oh!
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    Buy a 2nd tele...
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    edited October 2023
    You should repost under "guitar techs and string makers tried to BAN this one simple hack!".

Also a picture of you pulling compoface. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Could you not just leave the low E on the guitar and not play it? That's what I do when playing the occasional open G song mid-set.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    nero1701 said:
    Buy a 2nd tele...
    That's the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Oooh!

"This one simple hack DESTROYS guitar techs".

'Destroys' really tweaks the algorithm's nipples. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Sporky said:
    You should repost under "guitar techs and sting makers tried to BAN this one simple hack!".

Or "I'm a PRO guitar tech and here's why you've been getting your setups WRONG."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nice!

"Only a TRUE pro knows this INSANE guitar hack!" 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sporky said:
    You should repost under "guitar techs and string makers tried to BAN this one simple hack!".

It's all about the thumbnail pic!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Sporky said:
    Nice!

"Only a TRUE pro knows this INSANE guitar hack!" 
    I think I’ve seen your work on other websites ….
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    I am the algorithm.

Not The Algorithm. He's French. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Would Keef approve of locking tuners?
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Would Keef approve of locking tuners?
    Does anyone care?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2770
    edited October 2023
    This is really disappointing. I clicked on the topic fully expecting to get a link to a YouTube video which would entertain me with 25 minutes of someone managing to prattle on and on and on, without getting anywhere close to the point, until, eventually, the moment of blissful resolution when they finally tell me something I already knew, and I get to rejoice in having successfully wasted another half hour of my miserable life. ...but all I got was a brief thread with a bunch of YouTube jokes, which just added insult to injury: I want to see those videos too now!  
  • Philly_Q said:
    Would Keef approve of locking tuners?
    Does anyone care?
    Does Keef even care?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Could you not just leave the low E on the guitar and not play it? 
    Drop the E to D and damp it when not required.
    Be seeing you.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    I could, but it is harder to do for the full hammering away whilst playing sloppily thang...