Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Anyone tried the gigrig underliner ? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Anyone tried the gigrig underliner ?

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 332
This popped up on my Facebook and it looks like it might be just the thing , I play a jcm800 and always wanted to have a lead boost . The underliner looks expensive but looks like an elegant alternative to putting an eq in the loop and a load of cables. 
I wondered if anyone had tried one yet ?? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    That's expensive!

I'd stick with something like a Boss EQ-200 with 2 different settings. Well - 1 as I never need 3 different volume levels.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited October 2023
    Bloody hell - nearly spat my drink out at the price! I know it's MIDI-enabled an' all, but you can get an entire MIDI-enabled effects unit for that much.

Just buy yourself a Plethora X3 and get some free effects into the bargain, if you've really got £300-odd burning a hole

EDIT: Although, for what it's worth, I'd just run the amp clean-ish and get a really nice dual drive pedal like a Bogner Red to solve the problem.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I think all gigrig products are laughably priced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Are all their products made in the UK? I get that can increase costs quite a lot, but even so the only way they need to be that expensive is if they are hardly selling any compared to other options.
  • Isn't GigRig stuff meant to be professional quality? £300 doesn't strike me as expensive for kit meant to be used by people earning their living using it.

I think some people have unreasonable ideas about the cost of doing business in this country – especially if you are manufacturing the product here too. By the time you add up all the various costs, a small business like GigRig would probably need to charge £50 just to send someone an empty cardboard box if they want to remain profitable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Isn't GigRig stuff meant to be professional quality? £300 doesn't strike me as expensive for kit meant to be used by people earning their living using it.

I think some people have unreasonable ideas about the cost of doing business in this country – especially if you are manufacturing the product here too. By the time you add up all the various costs, a small business like GigRig would probably need to charge £50 just to send someone an empty cardboard box if they want to remain profitable.
    Not that expensive for doing a job doesn't mean the item has to be over priced though. And location of assembly means very little anymore in regards to the quality of the product.

You can build a perfect tubescreamer clone at home for £10 or parts. But if you are AnalogMike or someone similar then you can charge £300 for it.
  • GE-7 in the loop.  Make up a cable snake to keep things tidy.  Job done.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • You can build a perfect tubescreamer clone at home for £10 or parts. 
    You can but you cannot build a profitable business doing so, at least one that has business premises, employs a few people, pays rates, insurance and taxes, etc.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    It's a professional grade cost-no-object thing. It could constitute a very small part of a production budget
  • It is expensive, but it looks well made and well designed. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    You can build a perfect tubescreamer clone at home for £10 or parts.
    I am not sure that's true. In single quantities you'd spend that on the footswitch and enclosure.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."