Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Strymon BigSky Alternatives - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Strymon BigSky Alternatives

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 263
I'm looking for a new reverb pedal and want something with at least a few presets. I like the idea of the Bigsky but it's obviously been around for a long time and so wondering what else is worth considering?

I like the idea of the screen on the Strymon to know what the presets are for, but that's not essential. I want something that will do basic hall/plate reverbs but also more ambient stuff. 

What else should I be looking at? It'll be 2nd hand most likely so nothing brand new. I have a delay so don't want something like the Source Audio Collider. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Boss RV500 is good. Or HXFX
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlin said:
    Boss RV500 is good. Or HXFX
    I've heard some good things about the RV500 - would probably pair well with my DD500. The HXFX is just a bit big - I want a standalone pedal really
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    The TC Electronic Hall Of Fame has a ton of variety, and tone prints. Cheap as chips used. 

The Neunaber Wet v4 is the boutique reverb of choice, a solid used buy, you’ll always get your money back. 

• TheMarlin said:
    The TC Electronic Hall Of Fame has a ton of variety, and tone prints. Cheap as chips used. 

The Neunaber Wet v4 is the boutique reverb of choice, a solid used buy, you’ll always get your money back. 

I'm selling a Neunaber at the moment to fund another. It is a great pedal but just want some extra versatility
  • Is the Walrus Audio R1 worth considering?
  • Seems like a few people on here are looking for reverb pedals! I recently got a 2nd hand HOF and its great. An array of settings to use, and makes me sound like a proper guitar player now.
  • Source Audio Ventris? No screen but easy to use, dual reverb and easy PC editor if needed. I may be selling one, but only because I'm a tart and have bought an Eventide H90.
  • Wardy66 said:
    Source Audio Ventris? No screen but easy to use, dual reverb and easy PC editor if needed. I may be selling one, but only because I'm a tart and have bought an Eventide H90.
    Thanks. I'll do some research on it and let you know
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Love my Specular Tempus.
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 19
    +1 for the Source Audio Ventris. Absolutely stunning sounds, great spring/room/hall settings for ‘normal’ playing and the shimmer/e-dome/swell settings are utterly glorious. Plus everything is endlessly tweakable on the app, midi control, ability to run dual reverbs. Sadly they aren’t cheap at the moment though! 
  • EHX Cathedral? Seen that mentioned alot by my favourite bands.
  • My menu would be Ventris, Empress Reverb, Walrus M1, Specular Tempus. Season to taste. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter