Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Uni vibe - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Uni vibe

What's Hot
I've never owned one - but it sounds great here - 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Efk5WJfFbik

Not sure what gear he is using in that clip - but the Keeley Monterey pedal looks fun and quite practical too being a couple of pedals in one
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I built an EQD Depths clone from Fuzz Dog and it is lush. You can adjust the timbre of the modulation, the control range is really useful. I don't GAS for anything fancy

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wow @roberty - I have virtually no practical skills so people who are making and modding their own pedals is hugely impressive to me! 

I'd love to hear it......what context do you use it in?

Also - 'scary old sh*t?' I think you might have a gift for marketing lol......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 961
    edited October 2023
    I have a Retrovibe by Jam and it’s fab. I only ever use it at home because if I use it in public I’d be worried someone would think  I was trying to be Hendrix. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Wow @roberty - I have virtually no practical skills so people who are making and modding their own pedals is hugely impressive to me! 

Ah thanks. I couldn't think of what to call it so I just described the picture lol. I'm not very practical, putting a kit together is more like lego really

It's a clone of one of these. I use it for spacey clean sort of things rather than the Hendrix sound. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can put one together for ~£50

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roberty said:
    Wow @roberty - I have virtually no practical skills so people who are making and modding their own pedals is hugely impressive to me! 

Ah thanks. I couldn't think of what to call it so I just described the picture lol. I'm not very practical, putting a kit together is more like lego really

It's a clone of one of these. I use it for spacey clean sort of things rather than the Hendrix sound. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can put one together for ~£50

The tones in that demo are really sweet - as you say the depth and space is more of a feature than the modulation..... I really like it, it's subtle but.......... I don't know what the word is, but it sort of enhances or embellishes the signal. 

I've never owned an earthquaker devices product. - but I've always wanted to..... they seem to do some really interesting stuff. A little out of my price range really..... I see them as a grown up, actually works version of EHX. A few years back I needed to  reproduce a 'backward' guitar part on stage. I came really close to coughing up for an Avalanche run... they look like a lot of fun..... but I made do with my trusty DD7. 

Scary old shit is very good. I imagine it must be a lot of fun to play with a pedal you've made your self - truly 1 of 1
  • I've never owned one - but it sounds great here - 

Not sure what gear he is using in that clip - but the Keeley Monterey pedal looks fun and quite practical too being a couple of pedals in one
    I’ve got a Monterey going spare if you’re interested in one - the vibe’s pretty lush on there but I rarely use mod and already have too many fuzz pedals!

I’ve got a Monterey going spare if you’re interested in one - the vibe’s pretty lush on there but I rarely use mod and already have too many fuzz pedals!
    One of the (several!) reasons I thought it might be worth popping for was that it looked to have a smallish footprint given the different sounds you can get from it...... (he says attempting to justify his spending lol) is it in the classifieds on here @guitargeek62 ?

• MalCoxMalCox Frets: 5
    I've had about a dozen univibe pedals, some highly regarded ones among them, which were fantastic. But I ended up selling all of them, as I rarely used them live and it just seemed a bit of an indulgence. The one I've kept is the cheapest of the lot, a Moen Jimi Nova. Sounds really good, holds it's own well against some of the top names. I think I paid about £40
    They are worth looking out for IMO
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

One of the (several!) reasons I thought it might be worth popping for was that it looked to have a smallish footprint given the different sounds you can get from it...... (he says attempting to justify his spending lol) is it in the classifieds on here @guitargeek62 ?

Aye - it’s a bit like the old Captain Coconut pedal in its feature-set, but even smaller! Nope, not in the classifieds but I can sort some pics out today and PM you if you like :)
    Placidcasual79 said:

Scary old shit is very good. I imagine it must be a lot of fun to play with a pedal you've made your self - truly 1 of 1
    About half of my big board is DIY now. I do like using customised gear, especially when guitar nerds lean over for a look lol

I could put together a Univibe kit for you if you'd like one. I have the decal saved on my disk so I can print out another. Let me know if you're interested
  • Credit to Dave Simpson for that clip. Talk about nailing it!
  • roberty said:
    Placidcasual79 said:

About half of my big board is DIY now. I do like using customised gear, especially when guitar nerds lean over for a look lol

I could put together a Univibe kit for you if you'd like one. I have the decal saved on my disk so I can print out another. Let me know if you're interested
    Appreciate it mate - but thats well beyond my ability..... have you posted pics of your board in the board thread here? Be interesting to see it.....

Aye - it’s a bit like the old Captain Coconut pedal in its feature-set, but even smaller! Nope, not in the classifieds but I can sort some pics out today and PM you if you like :)
    Here you go @Placidcasual79, it's unboxed and velcro'd but otherwise in great condition :)