Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo Peacock Blue £550 - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo Peacock Blue £550

What's Hot
Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
edited October 2023 in Guitars £

Being restricted in travelling, I had two of these bought online to try out
I had planned to keep this one and move on the black gold version as the blue one just  played a little better and had a bit more zing, most significantly, it had cost me a bit less.
but the market is a bit tricky at the moment and so this one being cheaper and being far far prettier, might mean that I will be more successful…….
Time will tell…..

is in brilliant condition, save for the mark on the side of the body, no structural issue but an unwelcome scratch nonetheless, and has influenced the asking price of course

Plenty of discussion on here so I don’t want to bore you by going over old ground
I don’t know if the photos will do it justice, but this particular one has really nice flame, the front is very pleasing, but the back is stunning..
of course, it is just a veneer, but I think it is testament to the finishing of these higher end SE’s as there is 3-D quality when it catches the light, how that works when it’s just a veneer is beyond me….., 

I have been impressed with the Se Hollowbody Piezo, the 58/15S pickups were much better  than I expected, the guitar itself is super light and resonant, the Piezo sounds, especially through an acoustic amp are excellent, imo of course

Unplugged it is very impressive, I could happily noodle on the sofa late at night.
Is it as good as a Core HBII? Not in my opinion having had a couple over the years before the money drain of financing my daughter’s house and university fees began, but it is very close, very very close and there are some things about the SE that I prefer actually
 And, at least in my opinion, I am not sure the Core would justify the big hike in cost

As the money drain dictates I still have to raise a bit more so this is going - £550
Personal trial is always preferable so a mug of tea awaits in Nottingham
The Wienbrock is still at the doctors. The work required is more extensive than I had hoped for, but the point is I do have a cab, but I don’t have a head currently for you to test out the electric sounds, so please feel free to bring one of your own.
I do have an acoustic amp though to demonstrate the Piezo  sounds
I have difficulty travelling but I could potentially get a lift for a fretboard car park meet within an hour max could be possible but this might need some time to be organised 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Gosh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    These are far better guitars than current selling prices would suggest, i too have owned both the Core and the SE and agree with @Sevenof9 .

Buy with confidence, great guitar and great guy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Fantastic chap to deal with :)
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
    Se Hollowbody Piezo up again, sort of, it’s the Peacock Blue one now
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    Outrageously good guitars and the most gentlemanly of gents to deal with too. Lets have this gone by days end now folks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 889
    Arg - I've been keeping an eye out for a blue one as a backup to my brown version, but I'm way down on the south coast! 
    Any chance of shipping?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    Hi @trude, it’s a possibility, I am a little nervous as it’s a hollow body, but I’m in the process of Communications with a really helpful Galahad person on here regards a box…..
    I do love the Fretboard…..
    Another gem being @dazzajl, thank you again for your kind words my good man
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    I may have a box spare - depending on what happens in the next 24 hours...
    Thanks @RevMatt, I very much appreciate this possibility, thank you
    Peacock Tuesday