Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Al Di Meola - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Al Di Meola

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
edited September 2023 in Off Topic
No well. Heart attack on stage
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    FFS. That's really sad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    I think it is a "widow maker" blockage
    tae be or not tae be
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1521
    Time for his younger brother Lidl Meola to step up.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    That asda be the worst joke ever
    tae be or not tae be
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hootsmon said:

No well?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    guyinlyon said:
    Hootsmon said:
    No well?
    Hoots is Scottish.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Not much of a leap to think he missed the 't' off of 'not' either way haha.

Bad news. I played Friday Night in San Francisco for my daughter last week. Wasn't a fan so I told her she was. Kids are easy.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Think Al is actually doing ok, he’s had stents fitted apparently and is already talking about resuming his your next year. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    edited October 2023
    Obviously I wish the guy nothing but the best but a lot of his social media posts show him tucking into pizza. I thought a few weeks ago when one appeared on Instagram that he looked great for his age and must have some amazing metabolic rate not to have piled weight on, if his posts were a fair representation of his diet.

Hopefully he’ll make a full recovery and be back out playing again soon.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Seen a pic of him on social media today with his surgeon, it sounds like he got excellent treatment very quickly after the attack. I wish him well. I’m not a great fan these days but loved his work in Return to Forever. 

Have to say though, his hairpiece looks totally ludicrous nowadays, it’s like he’s wearing a dead squirrel on his bonce. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ya think Pat Metheny's gotta rug?
    tae be or not tae be
    Hootsmon said:
    Ya think Pat Metheny's gotta rug?
    It is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I've always thought Di Meola's might be a transplant rather than a syrup, but maybe it's a "hair system".
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445
    Obviously I wish the guy nothing but the best but a lot of his social media posts show him tucking into pizza. I thought a few weeks ago when one appeared on Instagram that he looked great for his age and must have some amazing metabolic rate not to have piled weight on, if his posts were a fair representation of his diet.

Hopefully he’ll make a full recovery and be back out playing again soon.
    I don't think a good pizza is particularly bad.  But a bad pizza is particularly bad.

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    Damn, didn’t know this - really hope he recovers
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.