Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Source Audio Collider - your opinions - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Source Audio Collider - your opinions

What's Hot
Toying with the idea of putting together a Nano+ board to use 4CM with a Marshall. The board would be tuner/phaser/boost/gate/delay/reverb.

Combined reverb and delay would obviously make the logistics a bit easier - any current/former collider users care to chip in on pros and cons? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I’ve got one on my home board and I love it, does everything I need fantastically well in a relatively small footprint. One of the best spring reverb sounds I’ve heard, the e-dome and shimmer algos are great for ambient stuff. 

Great delays with plenty of scope for tone sculpting, love the tape emulation. You can also unlock a preset on the app and run two reverbs or delays simultaneously if you’re an absolute madlad. 

The only thing is there isn’t quite the same level of in-app editing available as in a Ventris or Nemesis, but I’ve found everything pretty usable straight out of the box. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Had one, they are generally well regarded, but personally I found it a bit fiddly to use and a little surprisingly there wasn’t that much variety in the delay tones. 
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    I had one and it hissed even with it’s own power supply. 
  • NickB said:
    I had one and it hissed even with its own power supply. 
    Hmmm, that would be a no-no. Anyone else found this?

I do have a slightly bigger Metro board I could use if I got a separate reverb - already got an El Capistan I’m happy with so it wouldn’t take much convincing for me to get a Blue Sky to go with it instead…

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Depending on how much versatility and tweaking you need, you may find that an EQD Dispatch Master does the trick. 
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 569
    edited October 2023
    Bought one second hand from the band's other guitar who moved onto a Boss Space Echo.

I'm very impressed. The software is very handy but it's easy to tune on the peal too. I'm a midi user and love the functionality from that.

The preset library is great for finding good tones. No issues with power hissing, with the factory adapter or on a power brick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    No hissing issues with the one I owned.. its super easy to use.

Probably a bit more 'conservative' compared to some reverb/delays - but that's not necessarily a negative.
  • Thanks @MaxA867 @Majorscale @NickB @merlin @abw1989 @Wazmeister for the input - I’ve decided that for the moment I’m going to try out the board with a less expensive reverb and see how the whole thing works, I’ve found an RV-6 for a great price on here.

If the RV-6 fits the bill then I might eventually look into a DM-101 to go with it. 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2777
    tFB Trader
    No hissing at all on mine, it's silent I think. Certainly much quieter than the Meris's it replaced.

I like it, it stopped me chasing each verb & delay, mixing, the sell.buy cycle. fwiw I had an RV6 and didn't like it, plenty people do so might be just me but moved it on fairly quicly.
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    This hiss must've just been mine then. I ended up with a HX stomp which, whilst the spring reverb is a shade not as good as the Collider the HX Cosmos echo really floats my boat...along with the flexibility and other effects.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1506
    I owned one for a couple of years. An absolute doddle to use, lots of options at hand and I didn’t experience any hissing or anything. Okay it’s not as flexible as some of the more weirder delays out there, but all algorithms sounded from very good to amazing. Of course you can mix delays and reverbs. Can’t think of any other delay/reverb pedal on the market which can do most of what it offers.

In the end I sold mine because I was dumb, and I got a QC anyway, but if you have the funds then definitely try it out.
  • rayttkrayttk Frets: 48
    I sold a Strymon Flint & elCap and bought one for the extra space on my board, I’d had the strymon stuff for a while and I did regret getting rid, the collider just wasn’t in the same league in my opinion, I found it quite finicky live and a bit brittle/ thin sounding although I never had any hissing or noise problems.
    Time has made me realise that I am not a huge fan of reverb and I’m currently happy with the Strymon Volante for amazing delays with just a touch of the included spring, I have regretted selling lots of pedals etc but the collider isn’t one of them