Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). TPS with Steven Wilson and Niko Tsonev - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

TPS with Steven Wilson and Niko Tsonev

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
edited September 2023 in Guitar
https://youtu.be/kkFCxO1HBp4?si=H6dY3pjc132QBC53

I know I’m a super fanboy but this is imho brilliant 
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I liked that thing he did at 40 minutes or so with the Freqout.
    I kept having to fast foeward coz of Dan's endless chuntering and jabbering.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 178
    Haven't watched it yet and I must admit there's not much on The Harmony Codex that sounds like Niko, but he is my favourite guitarist. Steve is great too, but Niko is something else.
    Niko is the only guitarist that I listen to and can't work out how he did it.  He just has the right mix of tone, technique and style for me.  Can shred like a demon, but uses it wisely and the tones are just something else.  If you don't know him, I highly advise checking his sole albums out.  They get played in my house weekly and have done for years.  I've never been able to work out why he isn't one of the most famous guitarists in the world.  I guess that not everyone has the same tastes as I do, but the guy is a genius of guitar and very under appreciated in my opinion.  What do I know.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I don't think I've ever heard of Niko Tsonev.  He looks very different now from how he did in 2011!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Wonky said:

Pretty amazing guitaring but, 'kin 'ell, that drummer, he needs restraining!!!
  • What with whom and who?
    edited October 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't think I've ever heard of Niko Tsonev.  He looks very different now from how he did in 2011!
    He looks a lot different from when I met him a few years back, but then I look a lot different from then too.  He was really nice to me and even knew my name from a few conversations I'd had on line with him.  I was a bit star struck at the time.
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 225
    It did amuse me that about 30 seconds before the end they plugged the new album with an on screen caption, but got the title wrong! =)