Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PSA: two rock silver sterling sig on eBay - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PSA: two rock silver sterling sig on eBay

What's Hot
allenallen Frets: 545
Looks like a low starting price and no bids so far. 

No affiliation at all. Just looks like it might end up being a bargain. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Looks lovely but does anyone really use 100 watt amps these days? Having played a 20 watt Two Rock I suspect this one would be good for playing Wembley Stadium without micing up!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Seller has almost no feedback, might be one to be careful with...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    Looks lovely but does anyone really use 100 watt amps these days? Having played a 20 watt Two Rock I suspect this one would be good for playing Wembley Stadium without micing up!  :)
    I find myself wondering if big-iron heads are having a resurgence thanks to the decent sounding load boxes you can buy nowadays.

I've just been on the hunt for a donor amp for a project, the price of anything that has four output valves and 'Marshall' written on it is strong. Anything made before about 1990 and you're in 'price of a decent used car' territory.

It feels like not so long ago and you couldn't give the things away, maybe that's just me (to be fair I also feel that Foo Fighters' first album was released relatively recently :lol:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    JohnCordy said:
    Seller has almost no feedback, might be one to be careful with...
    Good point. I didn't spot that.
  • The listing seemed to be taken down by eBay - just vanished without a trace. So possibly something dodgy on behalf of the seller triggered the removal?
  • The big iron amps will come back into fashion and we'll all be wondering in years to come why we didn't buy it lol. Happens me all the time with everything
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    The big iron amps will come back into fashion and we'll all be wondering in years to come why we didn't buy it lol. Happens me all the time with everything
    Would be worth a new thread, I think. 

Will big amps/cabs come back into fashion? 

I honestly don’t think they will. I think they’re in the twilight of their lifespan. (Sadly).