Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD - No floss required... ;) - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD - No floss required... ;)

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
edited September 2023 in Guitar
Sooooo, I've had a PRS before, a lovely DGT Core which I ended up selling as I don't like the control layout. I do joke on here about the usual tropes as well as mock the Paul is the second coming snake oil, however I can appreciate his skills as both a maker and business man. The size of his business now is testament to that.

Anyway, taking that aside, I did love the DGT so I've had a hankering for something else from them for a while. I didn't want a 594, although I've seen em crop up and been tempted, but the Custom 22 seemed like the better balanced version of what I was after.

Welshboyo popped this up and I was sorely tempted despite the small ding however I figured it would go as it was a bargain. Fast forward a few weeks and it was still around and I thought sod it!!

Delivered last week courtesy of Wayne who is a total dude, a PRS S2 Custom 22, it's a great guitar. It's light for one (not sure if it's a veneer but the top is thick seemingly as well), the trem works as well as the DGT core one, the neck is lovely (birds though.... not necessarily for me but getting used to it) nice pattern regular, you can feel the quality US build. 

The electrics are good, although the pickups, I'm not sold on them but they work and sound decent enough. If you drop the volume a tad though they sound PAF-ish enough. I need more time to see what I'm gonna do, but it was a total bargain so it's worth it. Plays itself almost (well it would if I was better!), but as ever an impressive guitar. Anyone got any pickup suggestions they may have tried? Also what finish is on these, anyone know, seems like a harder nitro?

Anyway I'm back in the gang @chris78 but Paul still isn't a god

Lovely looking as well, quite understated too.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    very nice indeed, is it whale blue?

Rrr little birdies as well
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited September 2023
    tony99 said:
    very nice indeed, is it whale blue?

Rrr little birdies as well
    It is mate, thank you, quite a nice shade actually! Not too bright nor too dull, catches the light well

Ickle birdiessss

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Very nice.
    The S2 line is designed to suck you in so you buy a proper one in the future. They’re great value for money though. 
    Here’s hoping you don’t find it as sterile as a dentist’s scaler
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chris78 said:
    Very nice.
    The S2 line is designed to suck you in so you buy a proper one in the future. They’re great value for money though. 
    Love the S2s. Mine are my workhorses (do you say that in English?). When I´m not sure what to take to a gig/session I´ll grab one because I know they´ll do the job.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • chris78 said:
    Very nice.
    Cheers mate, it's great TBF and yeah I can see the gateway thing like :) I think this is as good as the DGT I had though in fit and finish certainly. The parts may not be US made but they're fine on their own, just the pickups, but I did notice if you wind the volume down a very slight amount they're very much PAF territory.

They're very trebly, almost fizzy at full bore, great splits though. As it's got a ding too, it's not too sterile ;)

• chris78 said:
    Very nice.
    Love the S2s. Mine are my workhorses (do you say that in English?). When I´m not sure what to take to a gig/session I´ll grab one because I know they´ll do the job.
    That is an English saying and yes it's definitely that!