Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS / FT: Fender Super Champ (Rivera era) - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS / FT: Fender Super Champ (Rivera era)

DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
edited October 2023 in Amps £
Ok, so it turns out owning two Super Champs is a bit daft.

The original Fender speaker is the Pyle made one which is better sounding than the Eminence they alsy used around this time.

Good condition, a bit of pitting on the corner protectors and the handle ends.

No footswicth (not that you'll want it - connecting it ruins the clean sound and the overdrive sound is a bit naff anyway).

£900.

Collection only from GL7 or a mutually convenient meet up.

Potential trade options with cash adjustment where necessary:

Handwired amps that aren't tweedy
Marshall 1974X or similar
Yamaha Revstar RSP (MIJ)
Yamaha FG5 / FS5 / other acoustic around the £1K mark (Taylor?)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    Trade suggestions added.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump for a little Fender legend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump for a proper handwired and legendary Fender.
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 83
    …..Overdrive sound is a bit naff anyway…
    you mean it doesn’t automatically give your the phrasing, tone and taste of Alan Murphy??? 
    Seriously though, as a live amp, is it at all practical hanging with a band, volume wise, or is this pretty much a studio/home amp???
     I know Murph did use them live but must
    have had some reinforcement? 
    4on6 said:
    …..Overdrive sound is a bit naff anyway…
    you mean it doesn’t automatically give your the phrasing, tone and taste of Alan Murphy??? 
    Seriously though, as a live amp, is it at all practical hanging with a band, volume wise, or is this pretty much a studio/home amp???
     I know Murph did use them live but must
    have had some reinforcement? 

RIP Alan.  A fine player indeed.

It depends your definition of a live amp really.  It's perfect for pubs and clubs.  It's 18 watts clean, so way too loud for home use but the master volume is pretty decent.

I have two, the only reason I'm selling is that I feel the cash would be better invested in a tone I don't already have....

Stereo amps are great fun, but after an hour or two of auto pan, delays and chorus the novelty wears off

• AJSAJS Frets: 40
    Just read the last few comments.

I have had a superchamp and it was plenty loud enough for pub gigs 

I had the standard speaker and the EV in it.  The EV was very loud
    to put it in perspective the other guitarist in the band I play in uses a blues junior which is about 15 watts

I use a deluxe 5e3 clone which is 12 watts and I have gigged in the past my 70s princeton reverb which is 12 watt

• 4on64on6 Frets: 83
    Thankyou chaps. To put it into perspective, my main amp for a few years was a 73 silverface deluxe and I very often found I was running out of headroom. I actually play pretty clean a lot. Which is why I was asking. 
    £850.