Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD: Gartone Aviator 30 £1000 ono. - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD: Gartone Aviator 30 £1000 ono.

What's Hot
RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 353
edited October 2023 in Amps £
I've had this from new. It's the first Aviator Martin built and I got it in 2008/9. It's been well looked after and has served me well, but I'm not using it any more as I'm using a smaller amp these days. 2 channels, reverb on both, 30 watts, 1x12, with JAN 6L6WGB valves, Celestion Gold, cream tolex, oxblood grille. The original Mercury Magnetics mains transformer failed and was replaced a few years ago with the equivalent Hammond transformer by Martin. The Mercury Magnetics output transformer code FBFVV stands for "Fender Black Face Vibroverb". Cathode or fixed bias, with "Vibe" control, which I think is adjustable negative feedback. Comes with extra 2x10 baffle (unloaded), if tens are your thing. When I get chance I'll make a little video clip. Located in Bury, Lancs.  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• This is probably the most stupendous bargain of all amps on the Fretboard this year. I'm surprised it's even still here.

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Pm’d
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 353
    Now sold, pending the usual.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Anything Gartone made will make somebody very happy.
    The guy makes fantastic amps but is a bit rubbish at marketing himself/his produce . My Bluesman is just exceptional ;it sent my J20 to the classifieds pretty rapidly but he just hasn't got the same marketing behind it to generate the cache of the name.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 353
    Sold, thank you Julian.