Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). TRADED Vintage MIJ black label Boss OD-1, JRC4558D £225 posted - FX £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

TRADED Vintage MIJ black label Boss OD-1, JRC4558D £225 posted

variplexivariplexi Frets: 84
edited September 2023 in FX £
This one is an early serial no 9500, long dash, silver screw version from late 70s / early 80s. It has the 8 pin JRC4458D chip which produces its characteristic compressed drive / distortion tone. Great for rhythm playing (and I suppose for lead as well!). I used to have a serial 8000 which had the 14 pin chip, so this one must be relatively soon after they switched to the JRC4558. As with most vintage Boss pedals, it has its share of superficial scratches and paint chips but functions perfectly well. The one to note is a part of the overdrive knob has broken off along the edge but doesn’t affect its function; just cosmetic. Battery compartment seems fine (though I haven’t used it with a 9V). Don’t have the original box but will pack it well if postage is needed. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter