Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sorted - Lollar Vintage T neck pickup in G&L ASAT - Question - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sorted - Lollar Vintage T neck pickup in G&L ASAT - Question

kedsoftkedsoft Frets: 1
edited September 2023 in Guitar
Hi - I've just stuck a Lollar neck pickup in, in place of the G&L one - sounds really nice already but it's too far from the strings. The G&L pickup is taller and screws into the body of the guitar rather than fixing to the scratchplate. It's fixed in with screws and springs but these aren't long enough to get the Lollar pickup near enough to the strings. Could I just get longer screws and springs? If so where would I get them? Any other ideas?

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Doesn’t the vintage T go into the body too? Mine did. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It fits perfectly but if I use the screws and springs that held in the G&L pickup the Lollar pickup isn't high enough
  • Sorted this with some longer screws and some dense foam behind the pickups. Please let me know if for some reason this is a bad idea!