Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Some help please on broken p bass wiring - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Some help please on broken p bass wiring

Hi I've been gifted an AXL player delux p bass, its been knocked about, one of the pots was spinning freely, hence wires have disconneced. Before I restring it and bring it back to life (it seems too good to be left broken) can anyone please advise me on where the soldering points should be for the two broken connections in the picture - I presume one is the ground to the bridge to be soldered to the back of the pot on the right hand side in the photo, and the other (resistor?) should be connected between the two pots? Many thanks in advanced
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• What pic?

Yes. The insulated wire from the bridge should be grounded to a pot chassis.

There are numerous variations on where to connect the capacitor - especially on budget instruments. I am reluctant to list them all. It would be wiser to comment after seeing your photographs.

You may need to use a third party host application such as Imgur to upload.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter