Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Experience of LIFE GUITARS CO in Exeter - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Experience of LIFE GUITARS CO in Exeter

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    edited October 2023

Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Jet wash 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    Offset said:
    ICBM said:
    From another thread...

https://lifeguitars.co.uk/products/1981-roland-cube-60-electric-guitar-keyboard-amplifier

"This amplifier is in fantastic used condition. It has only a few signs of wear or use, none of which impact on the health, playability or tone of the instrument."

Absolute bollocks. It's very heavily used, and pretty knackered - it may well still work OK as these amps are fairly bombproof, but it's *not* in "fantastic used condition" - in fact, I think it's the worst of any I've ever seen.

OK, they do go on to say "Please look at the photos thoroughly as they constitute part of the product description" - but there's still a big difference between that and an honest written description, which this is not.

It's also wildly overpriced - they don't even go for that in *genuinely* fantastic condition.
    I mentioned they were lazy in an earlier post - well I didn't realise they use the same generic description for their amps as well as their guitars!

"This guitar is in fantastic used condition. It has only a few signs of wear or use, none of which impact on the health, playability or tone of the instrument."

"A few signs of wear or use"?!  That Roland looks absolutely fucked.  I'd say a price of £50 would be optimistic.
    It’s £200 of Mojo. 

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Wow, I had an orange Roland Cube 60 like that (not fucked up though).  Even in 1982 or whenever it was I could tell it sounded shite.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited October 2023
    I don't know if you're all aware of this, but it's actually pretty easy to speak to somebody at eBay - they're pretty responsive and give good support. You just have to go through the help pages and scroll down to find the "chat with us" box. Then just go through an automated chat response bot, and it'll give you the option of somebody calling you. I've done it a couple of times lately, and they've been great.

That's a good way to prioritise, for example, "My return hasn't been accepted yet but they've relisted it" and "This seller is using heavily misleading descriptions" - and actually being able to properly describe the level to which they're duping people.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    Yes,  I've found eBay to be helpful by phone as @digitalscream suggests.

In the case of my refund, technically they were still within eBay's prescribed timescales so no breach there, but nonetheless unprofessional and poor service 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter