Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The dynamics of a NGD thread - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The dynamics of a NGD thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    NGD is a celebration of life-fulled-dreams... for 5 minutes at least
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I like them, I don’t often buy guitars; I’m usually content with what I have.  I enjoy seeing all of them from yellow telecasters to obscure and expensive beasts.  It’s nice seeing people with nice things. 

I’ve just bought a cheap archtop that I'm hoping will do me, so I might post a video or pic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    I saw a ngd thread in another forum where it morphed into I've sold it thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    slacker said:
    Oh, there have been a few of those on here I'm sure.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    slacker said:
    That’s the danger of doing a NGD thread: you are one description and a set of photos closer to listing your guitar on the classifieds. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
    I really like NGD threads, yet I can’t recall posting one myself unless you count this one. 

Perhaps we need a OGD for Old guitars we have as yet kept quiet about! 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    icu81b4 said:
    Perhaps we need a OGD for Old guitars we have as yet kept quiet about! 
    Just so long as it's not compulsory....  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    Love an NGD post.  It is the height of rudeness not to post one with pics.

Its good i think to record a bit of a guitars history as well. Perhaps when we are all long gone and this place is still going maybe, owners of our guitars in the future can look back and say, wow i cant believe that prick owned my guitar. No wonder it smells of farts.

Its also good to have current legacy of guitars, knowing that some NGD posts are purchases from here. I have one myself. In total think ive done 3.

Big up and long live the NGD massiv.

Dont worry, be silly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think they are essential for a guitar forum. They are generally reliable and unbiased views of a particular brand or model and can steer you towards both pitfalls and guitars you never thought you'd like but do. They are an actual service to other guitar buyers and players and also point out things that are not usually well described in sponsored ads such as string spacing or neck shape etc. If you don't like them you aren't forced to read or view them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2770
    I like them, I don’t often buy guitars; I’m usually content with what I have.  I enjoy seeing all of them from yellow telecasters to obscure and expensive beasts.  It’s nice seeing people with nice things. 

I’ve just bought a cheap archtop that I'm hoping will do me, so I might post a video or pic. 
    Confelicity; taking pleasure in other people's pleasure. Not sure what it says about the trends in our culture that we're close to losing this word in the English language just as we've adopt the German 'schadenfreude': Taking pleasure in some else's misfortune. 

A NGD thread is a great chance to experience confelicity. :)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6730
    I usually post ngd for every guitar I've ever got. Theyre all different and exciting for me, none of them have been over £1,500 or rare, most of them well under a grand. 

Its a forum. The idea is talk about stuff and share our experiences and gear methinks!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...