Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Limited Edition Suona Series - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Limited Edition Suona Series

What's Hot
LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 557
edited September 2023 in Guitar
What does everyone think? Shame about the price though

https://www.fender.com/en-GB/electric-series/suona-collection/?sf182212843=1
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2170
    Sorry, they look dreadful to my eyes. Kind of thing the Custom Shop churned out in the 90's. Sunburst headstocks have no place in this decade....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    edited September 2023
    The painted headstocks ruin them for me, which is a strange one from me considering the only NGD thread I have done, was of a Fender with a painted headstock, which still to this date I hate and has not grown on me in any way.  Price wise, I actually think they're not bad for the money, would I buy one, no, they're not the type of guitar I like spec wise, I could overlook the painted headstock if the specs where right for me, but they're not and they're quite a long way off from what I want in a Fender Strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Strat54 said:
    Sorry, they look dreadful to my eyes. Kind of thing the Custom Shop churned out in the 90's. Sunburst guitars have no place in this decade....
    FTFY
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    They're really horrible.  And the only Fender that suits the Thinline format is the Tele.

That sunburst - especially with the matching headstock - reminds me of something crap you'd buy in Woolies in the 1970s.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    I like the Tele but the other two just look bad… 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Don’t hate em. Would play em. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 303
    edited September 2023
    I always love to see a Thinline Strat, they are beautiful, the violin burst its ok but that headstock paint looks cheap if they did something different like an ebony veneer in the headstock would be better at least for me. 
  • Dumodal said:
    I always love to see a Thinline Strat, they are beautiful, the violin burst its ok but that headstock paint looks cheap if they did something different like an ebony veneer in the headstock would be better at least for me. 

That's what I find strange about Fender, they put things like painted headstocks on their upper priced models, and yet it really really cheapens the look of them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dumodal said:

That's what I find strange about Fender, they put things like painted headstocks on their upper priced models, and yet it really really cheapens the look of them
    Bloody hell. I actually agree with someone on here. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Offset said:
    They're really horrible.  And the only Fender that suits the Thinline format is the Tele.

That sunburst - especially with the matching headstock - reminds me of something crap you'd buy in Woolies in the 1970s.
    That’s what I was thinking 
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1261
    Jazz Bass thinline is wrong.
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    Offset said:

Worse than Woolies. They make the stuff Woolworths did look good. Even a Jedson isn’t as bad at that. 
  • Dumodal said:

Bloody hell. I actually agree with someone on here. 

If you promise not to tell anybody, I'll promise I won't either, and we can both agree to never talk about, mention, or acknowledge that if ever happened.
  • I normally like f-holes but they don't look right on the Strat or Jazz Bass - I think it's because the gap between the pickguard and the edge of the body is so small, so it gives them a cluttered look.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Penn said:
    Offset said:

Worse than Woolies. They make the stuff Woolworths did look good. Even a Jedson isn’t as bad at that. 
    Me and my Jedson circa 1975 :-)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gear4Music is currently advertising these for under £2500 brand new delivered to your door
  • pjfpjf Frets: 304
    I’ve seen worse. I like the lack of fretboard dots.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    No objection to the matching headstocks, but otherwise meh.  And what's Suona?  It sounds like a town in Finland.

The guy who presents the video seems as bored as I am.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    F-hole Stratocasters and Jazz Basses are the dream instruments of a small minority of players. IMO, these should remain the preserve of parts suppliers such as Warmoth. 

Possibly, the best-known F-hole Stratocaster was a Fender Custom Shop silver sparkle HSS thing masterbuilt for Dweezil Zappa. At least, he had the (deliberately) bad taste to have the painted headstock upside down.

For me, sunburst headstocks evoke the MIJ Precision Bass Lyte - hardly the instrument's finest hour - or the cheesy acoustic models of the late Sixties.
    Be seeing you.