Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The A.I. Dilemma - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The A.I. Dilemma

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I've heard there's a team in Newcastle developing an even more advanced version of A.I. called Y.I.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think that there's a 100% chance that I'm going to die in the next 25 years or sooner. That's fairly precisely quantifiable (unless I mend my wicked ways or am incredibly lucky). 

Some "experts" "thinking" that there's a nice round 10% chance of something happening sounds finger in the air at best and so is fairly low on my worry list and will stay there until I see some objectively quantifiable evidence to bump it up the pecking order.
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think that there's a 100% chance that I'm going to die in the next 25 years or sooner. That's fairly precisely quantifiable (unless I mend my wicked ways or am incredibly lucky). 

Some "experts" "thinking" that there's a nice round 10% chance of something happening sounds finger in the air at best and so is fairly low on my worry list and will stay there until I see some objectively quantifiable evidence to bump it up the pecking order.
    You don't have kids or not planning to? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckee said:
    I was at a work training session about hacking recently with experts who said hacking is quite a boring repetitive and time consuming job, once hackers can get AI to do it for them we may as well go back to pre industrial society. 
    Yep, red team will inevitably use AI in their attack. Therefore blue team will have to use AI in defence or any kind of cyber security will be a thing of the past.  Any kind of human operated defence won’t be able to keep up with the flow of data and TTP variation.

There’s a lot of AI R&D going on around me at work right now. It’s both interesting and alarming stuff.

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1219
    Just pull the plug out
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Haven’t you all seen Westworld?

We’re gonna get to have guilt- and consequence-free sex with beautiful, lifelike robots!

• Speaking of AI, I saw the Creator tonight. It was a decent popcorn movie with a good message. 7.8/10 for me. 
  • Cranky said:

We’re gonna get to have guilt- and consequence-free sex with beautiful, lifelike robots!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss I’ve been waiting for this for years 
  • Speaking of AI, I saw the Creator tonight. It was a decent popcorn movie with a good message. 7.8/10 for me. 
    I’ve seen the adverts when watching YouTube ,it looks good 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    steven70 said:
    Just pull the plug out
    The WOPR would see that as an attack on the United States and launch an immediate retaliatory strike on the USSR.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cranky said:

I'll be buying a Thandie Newton robot for sure :+1: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Cranky said:

It will be another 20-30 years before Westworld standard robo-wives become available and as I said earlier the quality of the AI will depend on your bank balance.

If you're living off your state pension then she isn't going to look like Thandie Newton. 
  • Shrews said:
    Cranky said:

It will be another 20-30 years before Westworld standard robo-wives become available and as I said earlier the quality of the AI will depend on your bank balance.

If you're living off your state pension then she isn't going to look like Thandie Newton. 
    Gosh darn it . What about Claudia winkleman