Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Looking for Tele body (nitro) - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Looking for Tele body (nitro)

What's Hot
The time has come for me to source a Telecaster for all of my Robbie Robertson needs, got some touring early new year which I want to be ready for.

I don't think I can afford CS so I'm looking to build something interesting.. ideally I'm after a black nitro finish body which can wear, relic is fine too, thinline even better that just seems so rare to find. Would also consider nice sunburst or white colours.

Open to any partscaster offers. At this stage I'm just intrigued to see if anyone has anything.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Also considering an Isbell Custom Tele new, seems a pretty damn good way to build & customise. 

Tried the new Vintera II thinlines this week, didn't think much of it in the shop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 531
    Lovely ( complete ) Tele up for grabs from @timmypix in the classifieds ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • the Isbell tele is a factastic guitar. If you can find one second hand it'd almost be a no brainer. 

The Baja Tele is still one of the best bang-for-buck guitars out there. You could pick up a second hand one and have the change for a refinish. I've just had mine reworked to be a blackguard tribute with a cunife in the neck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • flyingv said:
    Lovely ( complete ) Tele up for grabs from @timmypix in the classifieds ?
    Thanks, I did see that - very into it. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    edited September 2023
    I've got something you "might" be interested in but you would need to get it finished. One of the pros on here could do it or have a go at spraying it yourself...

An ashtray bridge plate will cover the the bridge pup route if you wanted a traditional bridge pup...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 761
    edited September 2023

I’ve got this MJT Tele body nitro relic …with a relic set of toneriders, Relic Gotoh In-Tune bridge etc…

• rexterrexter Frets: 363
    tFB Trader
    You may have seen this on Ebay if you've been looking there, so apologies if so :)
    Posting it here as a favour to my old assistant/work buddy Otto who made this gorgeous body in my workshop last year. Swamp ash, made to a 50s USA template, Callaham parts, Monty's pickups. Lovely thing. Used all my spray gear etc and he's a really great luthier and painter. He's making handbuilt archtops from his home workshop these days but a few telecasters for sale in London to attempt to pay some bills.

It was for sale as a full guitar in SixtySixty Sounds on denmark Street until recently - the heat this summer didn't agree with the neck so he took it back to build a new neck but is now selling the body as he needs money.
    He has the loaded body listed for £650 but I know he would do a deal. I can speak to him :)

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • I have a very nice telecaster/cabronita up for sale in the classifieds from Woodstock - it might be just what you're looking for!
  • It’s turning into a great thread this, I’m watching with interest and looking forward to seeing what the OP goes for!
  • It is a good thread... I would agree.

The OP is thoroughly confused and worried about ending up with another frankenstein partscaster.
  • Having owned this previously, you will struggle to find a better tele, plus the op is a gent to deal with and has it at a good price: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/253681/fs-noughtcaster-amazing-handmade-tele-thinline-850-now-799-sold-westone-cutlass-classic-350#latest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hey everyone thank you for your great replies. I've found this really interesting so far!