Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Pick up problem and conundrum - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Pick up problem and conundrum

The front Dimarzio on my 1990 silhouette has developed an intermittent fault. It works 80% of the time, the stops but if you move it slightly it works again and I forget about it until it happens again so in a cycle of this. I have stripped it down no obvious cause so the fault is probably in the actual windings of the pickup. Here is the conundrum, it sounds so good especially on the in between position that I am loathe to send it off for repair in case it alters  the sound, likewise replacing it . If it it failed completely I would be in a different place but as it works most of the time I’m in this conundrum. 

(Unless someone has a set of David White Old Glory’s they wish to part with)
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Some EBMM/DiMarzio pickups have specifications that do not conform exactly to production line DiMarzio designs. Replacements are only available via official EBMM dealers. You may be asked for proof that you are the original purchaser.

Hopefully, your issue is just a dry solder joint, a strained conductor wire inside the humbucker or a screw has chewed through the insulation of the output cable.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter