Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Looking for a cheap tele for second Tele duties... - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Looking for a cheap tele for second Tele duties...

What's Hot
BrioBrio Frets: 1499
edited September 2023 in Guitar
After a Reverb dump of a lot of unused gear I fancy a Tele for Open G / 5 string Keith / duties.
What is the current go to out there? I'm looking to spend under £500.
Oh, and thanks in advance for any advice/entertaining abuse along the way... :-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    G&L ASAT tribute are a lot of tele for less money than that, used certainly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/252470/fs-sadly-fender-modern-player-telecaster-plus-nashville-sort-of-style-350-delivered#latest

i'm sort of still selling this (i'm not desperate to move it on but if someone wants it then its out so I can continue trying every guitar I can)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Harley-Benton offers a Micawber copy for approximately half of your budget. Even with a few parts upgrades and some fret end fettling, you should still have plenty left over.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckee said:
    G&L ASAT tribute are a lot of tele for less money than that, used certainly.
    Current new price is right at the top of OP's budget, but I agree they're a lot of guitar for the money.

Time was, if you were patient you could probably find a used US G&L for that sort of money. I doubt that's the case any more.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Probably worth giving Thomann's discounted 40th Anniversary Squiers a look. The only Teles are traditional designs with a single coil neck pickup, but they're £259, so plenty of spare money for a new pickguard and a humbucker to go in it.

And a case. And a couple of beers.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2493
    edited September 2023
    I've got a perfectly good, late 90s MiM standard I need to list, but haven't got round to it yet, and still haven't worked out how much to ask for it. 

(Black; a few dings; Bridge upgraded to Wilkinson by previous owner; I was using it to house some nice Creamery pickups that have now gone to their forever home, so swapped in a set of MiJ pickups I got on here.)

If it's of interest, give me a shout. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    SO MANY TELECASTERS!!!! 
  • Squier Classic Vibe.  You don't need anything else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    OK. Pm'd.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    The TL52 with BK’s in the classifieds is surely worth a look.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • Jet Tele £169 quid brand new.