Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tremonti new MT100 - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tremonti new MT100

What's Hot
sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927

30mins onwards . 

Sounds pretty awesome. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Sounds fantastic. 3 individual channels for clean, overdrive and all the gain rather than a gain boost on one of the channels. I'll definitely be looking at that when it's out properly. Better be a good boy for Santa 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited October 2023
    As the owner of the MT-15 which has been widely reported as NOT being 15 watts and probably closer to double that, that's one damn loud amp. This is going to be an absolute beast and the clean channel is so good on these, as is the gain channel and I hope it has more range in the lower-medium stages but then again, I don't think that's what the amp is meant for.
    EDIT: Just watched the whole vid and the amp chat/reveal and looks like Channel 2 does exactly what I'd like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I love that it has been delayed for so long because he is such a perfectionist, and yet he is still ensuring it is affordable (he says in the video he is hoping around $1800, definitely under $2000). This amp will sell well for sure. I've got an MT15 and it's incredible.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    People's idea of affordable is hilarious 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    Played a MT15 recently and was blown away by how good it sounded (though a bit muddy with the volume all the way up) so this must sound monstrous :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    I haven't watched the video yet, but I presume this $2,000 amp will be of Chinese manufacture to keep it 'affordable'?
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    Affordable is relative. 
    For a 100w 3 channel high performance amp l. Sub 2k is a good aim. 

That's puts it in the same ballpark as evh 5153 100w . 

Or victory 100w super kraken/sheriff etc. 

If Friedman made it it'd be 4k+.

... but also yes. 2k is a fucking lot of money when tesco value beans are a luxury item now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • God damn affordable amps are expensive these days
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    I'd be interested in knowing what classes as a high performance amp. Does it do 0-60 in under 2.8 seconds? 
  • Jetfire said:
    I'd be interested in knowing what classes as a high performance amp. Does it do 0-60 in under 2.8 seconds? 
    I think a high performance amp is one where it's bought on a monday morning, then you put pictures up on The Fretboard monday afternoon and get 100 Wow!s and Wisdoms in an hour
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Unusual nowadays to have a newly designed proper 3 channel switching amp and actually using all 3 seems uncommon now. Most people seem to stick to one and add pedals 

Interesting that almost no circuitry is shared between the channels, is that similar to how the H&K Triamp is constructed?