Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Loop switcher pedal, how do you cable yours - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Loop switcher pedal, how do you cable yours

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 822
I've just picked up a harley benton flx8. It's an 8 loop switcher pedal. 

All of the jacks for the loops are right next to each other. That means if I use angled jacks the angled part has to point up in the air which looks odd. 

If I use straight jacks then it takes a lot of real estate behind the unit. 

I'm sure the design isn't that dissimilar to other loopers. How do you cable yours?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2142
    I have one as well as two other boards running ES-8s. 

I use the Boss DIY cables.  They're quite small so that helps.

I also run the outs to a Bright Onion patch bay so i colour code the cables and jack socket screws as I hook everything up in 4CM.

This other board has the patch bay underneath.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • When I had a G2 I used Tightrope solderless cables.

I'd use the same again, or Square plug jacks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • When I had one I used Lava or Evidence Audio solderless cables - they were quite small so didn't take up too much space 
  • Very cool thank you all. I'd not come across those solderless cables before. About to go order some.