Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I was working at Abbey Road yesterday - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I was working at Abbey Road yesterday

What's Hot

What a lovely bunch of people and what a ridiculous, almost palpable atmosphere. 

I am not usually awestruck about famous people or locations but you really can feel the history there and the positive vibes.  

Nobody asked me for a 10min delay and wah drench pentatonic solo which is bullshit but aside from that it lived up to my dream. 
My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Wow, thats an amazing experience. Was it music related work, or were you installing carpets ;) ?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    edited September 2023

Haha

I'm a Director of Photography/cinematographer by trade. Was filming a score being recorded in Studio 1 (Star Wars/Raiders etc) for a videogame. 

Standing in the middle of a 70-piece orchestra giving it some welly feels incredible!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yeah, it's a vibe! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That's amazing.

I am planning a career change in the next 3-5 years. If I were to set myself some kind of stretch target it's to get to a point I might be able to work in there in a professional capacity eventually 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    soma1975 said:

Haha

I'm a Director of Photography/cinematographer by trade. Was filming a score being recorded in Studio 1 (Star Wars/Raiders etc) for a videogame. 

Standing in the middle of a 70-piece orchestra giving it some welly feels incredible!
    That's a cool job! (I want :bleep_bloop: )

Must be quite an experience.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    mrkb said:
    Wow, thats an amazing experience. Was it music related work, or were you installing carpets ;) ?
    He came in through the bathroom window
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    tony99 said:
    mrkb said:
    He came in through the bathroom window
    Was he the blind man?