Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Native Instruments contact? (mini rant) - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Native Instruments contact? (mini rant)

What's Hot
Has anyone had any joy contacting NI?  It's getting a bit of a joke.

I've basically got some money with work to get some of their software, but I want to discuss their pricing/bundle options.  We are eligible for some discounts according to their website, which says to contact them.

So far:
  • I used the contact form on the Isotope website, the form doesn't work.
  • The error says contact support@ ....  so I email. I get a bounce back saying they don't use it anymore, use a form.
  • The new form doesn't work.
  • They are owned by NI, so I use their contact form, doesn't work at first, but eventually goes through.

My message was quite clear, that I would like to discuss the bundle pricing options with someone as I've been given some money to spend.

3 weeks later I get a reply:

"Thank you for reaching out to Native Instruments and sorry for the delay.

I did not find a registered product with [email] so can you please give us the correct username"

WTF...  I clearly don't have any products which my email clearly says.

What do I do? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• euaneuan Frets: 1051
    Try a general sales@ email?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Find their CEO on LinkedIn and email theirname@... that is sometimes the only way to break the cycle 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Stop using NI products.

They are a total mess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Sounds similar to plugin boutique. I upgraded a plugin that should work with my version of osx but now it won't work in Logic. I email them saying I've deleted and reinstalled ive gone through the trouble shooting.
    Weeks later they send me a link to the troubleshooting guide and tell me to try delete and reinstall.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6086
    Stop using NI products.

They are a total mess.
    I would disagree. I like the products a lot and find them easy to use
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • How's about asking for help here? 

https://community.native-instruments.com/

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 724
    I quite like some of the NI plugins, I've been using them for over 20 years, the packages are a good price for high quality samples.

Sorry to hear that you have had problems.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Snap said:
    Stop using NI products.

They are a total mess.
    I would disagree. I like the products a lot and find them easy to use

They were state of the art about 20 years ago, but they've just let their software rot

I know so many people who have install and customer service horror stories that I just wouldn't bother when there are so many other great options these days.

They have been bought by a PE house so I expect the problems to get worse rather than better.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Coincedentaly, I received this today:

Hi GoFish,

I’m Joe from Native Instruments. I noticed you’re registered with us, but don’t seem to have downloaded any of our products yet. Would you like some help to get things up and running? If so, here’s a handy list of resources that I’ve found to be helpful for many people.

So they sent me an email basically directing me to their forum, support and download sites, but no actusl contact details.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Do you absolutely have to use N.I. products ?  Given that disgraceful performance they don't deserve your money.  If I were in your shoes I would try to spend my money with a company that deserved it.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.