Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS: JB's Emporium of Tools and Stuff - awaiting more listings - Misc £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS: JB's Emporium of Tools and Stuff - awaiting more listings

What's Hot
jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 347
edited October 2023 in Misc £
I have good stuff - much of it has to go - much of it will be extremely useful to other people!

This for sale thread will be added to as I get things photographed and sorted. This will mostly be hand and power tools so should strike a chord with many forum members. (spoiler - there is definitely an as new Triton router coming up and a couple of very nice Radian Tools router bits for guitar making)

Warning: I may use the phrase "used once" a few times. It will be true and I'm as ashamed as I should be.

I will aim to keep all of the current for sale items in the first two posts (this post 1 for tools and related bits with post 2 for "stuff"). Sold or withdrawn items will move to the following few posts which I will reserve.

Unless otherwise negotiated, paypal friends & family is assumed. Each item will state if price includes delivery.

TOOLS: Current Active Listings

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 347
    edited September 2023

STUFF: Current Active Listings

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 347
    edited October 2023

TOOLS: Sold Items

*SOLD 20231008* Triton TRA001 2400W Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router

This is one of the "used once" items! It has cut one neck pocket - you can see from the photos the base plate isn't even marked.. Accessories included plus 1/2in and 12mm collets.

£170 £150 delivered tFB price

*SOLD 20231001* Radian Tools
    1 x 3 Flute Plunging Trimmer Ø19 x 10mm - 1/2" Shank
    1 x 3 Flute Plunging Trimmer Ø19 x 32mm - 1/2" Shank

10mm has done one neck pocket. 32mm has not been used.

10mm = £33 delivered
    32mm = £36 delivered

*SOLD 20230929*
     Evolution Rage B 185mm 240V multipurpose circular saw
    Handful of cuts done with this but motor probably only run for a maximum of 10 minutes if that.

£30 delivered

*SOLD 20230928* Gyokucho 610 Ryoba Seiun Saku Saw 240mm

These things are brilliant to use. Rip and cross cut blade. Stay sharp for ages. This one has only seen few of each rip and cross cuts. £25 delivered.

*SOLD 20230928Incra precision marking rule 300mm

Designed to fit a 0.5mm retractable mechanical pencil lead this allows precise hand marking down to 0.25mm resolution. Flexible and thin stainless steel. Used once (don't judge - see note above).

£20 delivered

*SOLD 20230928* Narex 8116 Cabinetmakers Chisels Boxed Set

Hardly used. The most time I spent with them was many, many (many!!) hours lapping the backs on a glass plate so they will hold a super sharp edge and removing all the factory gunk and markings. It was quite cathartic but now someone else will get the benefit of my hard work!

6mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm and 26mm sizes.
    Approx. 280mm long (11")
    Blade length approx. 100mm (4")
    Handles are hornbeam
    Comes in a stained beech presentation box

Quotes from marketing blurb:
    The 8116 series of Narex chisels are accurately ground, affordable, Cabinetmaker's chisels with fine edges and close tolerance backs.
    Narex forge the chisel blades from Chrome Manganese (CrMn) spring steel and isothermally harden it to produce a very even and consistent bainitic structure at RC59 +/-1. In use, Chrome Manganese steel delivers similar performance to carbon steel but is more efficient to produce.
    The 8116 cabinetmaker's Narex chisels have shouldered teardrop hornbeam handles. They will withstand taps from a mallet without the surface becoming marred and uncomfortable to use when paring. The hornbeam handles are lightly waxed to protect the timber whilst retaining its natural colour and feel. All chisels in this set are fitted with smaller handles, which our customers have found are more comfortable to use than the larger handles.

£75 delivered

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm looking forward to the next installment! :-)
  • welbywelby Frets: 15
    Pm sent
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    Hi, the links to the larger photos don't appear to be working
  • Bod said:
    Hi, the links to the larger photos don't appear to be working
    Strange - they aren't actually linked for me! Must be the local browser deciding to link the image source of it's own accord. These are private images at imgur for embedding.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Triton TRA001 Router and 2 x Radian router bits added to post 1.
  • Evolution circular saw added.
  • Japanese saw, precision rule and chisels sold
  • Evolution circular sold
  • Radian Tools bits sold
  • Triton Router sold