Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD: AmpMaker SE-5a 'British Overdrive' amplifier - prefer woodworking to soldering? - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD: AmpMaker SE-5a 'British Overdrive' amplifier - prefer woodworking to soldering?

jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 347
edited September 2023 in Amps £
I built this from one of Barry's AmpMaker kits a while ago and have only used it a couple of times! It was a fun project but given that my other amps are EVH 5150, Peavey 6505+ and PRS MT15 I think it is clear this is not for me...

Constructed to high quality and very quiet in operation. Makes a brilliant pedal platform as well and sounds deceptively huge through a 4x12 cabinet.

Crying out for someone who prefers woodworking projects over soldering and electronics!!

Includes the JJ valves from the kit (EL84 output and ECC83 preamp) with a few hours on each. As shown in photo they will be removed and safely ensconced in a padded box for delivery with the chassis - buyer can keep the box

I also have the variable voltage kit somewhere in my stash which can be fitted to provide a variable power control on the front in place of the master volume. I haven't photographed that kit because I think it is in another building to where I am but it will be include with the amp anyway.

Buyer can have a copy of the original test spreadsheet I used showing measured voltages and calculated output power.

Difficult to put a value on this so will start it off and see how we go.

*SOLD* £125 delivered paypal friends & family. *SOLD*

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments