Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). MOVED - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

MOVED

What's Hot
GKirkGKirk Frets: 5
edited September 2023 in Guitar
MOVED
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Self-evidently still here.

Move content using the thread starter's editing tools at the top right corner of your opening post. (Cog symbol.)

From the pull-down menu, select which section you want your thread to go in.

Job done … unless the moderation team decides that your Discussion warrants banishing to Off-Topic/Parody.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    What happened to the “playing B on fret 7 of the E string” thread?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Probably moved to Parody. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    TOUCHED.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    SHOOK
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Sporky said:
    Probably moved to Parody. 
    It has been. Not sure why. The 2nd fret of the A string sounds completely different to the 7th fret of the E string. I'm shocked that a supposed guitar forum would stifle what was a serious conversation on this topic. 
  • As the thread starter, I have no objections to it being moved, it was indeed a send up/parody/mess around thread. Born from "do you use the volume/tone/guitar".
    I do understand that the mods move things around and can also be busy...a quick pm to say its been moved and why would have been welcome.
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Oh, I thought it was a scientific deep dive in to timbre.
  • DefaultM said:
    However, absolutely could have been. 
    As often I move solos onto the thicker strings as I prefer the timbre.
    My Trading Feedback

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    nero1701 said:
    ...a quick pm to say its been moved and why would have been welcome.
    The thread was moved because, whether or not it was intended as parody, it was being treated as such. We don’t normally send a PM in these situations because the OP can see what has happened.
    DefaultM said:
    Now that would be an interesting thread. Would you like to start it?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    nero1701 said:
    ...a quick pm to say its been moved and why would have been welcome.
    The thread was moved because, whether or not it was intended as parody, it was being treated as such. We don’t normally send a PM in these situations because the OP can see what has happened.
    DefaultM said:
    Now that would be an interesting thread. Would you like to start it?
    Actually, no. I could not see what had happened. I don't have the parody part of the forum. I had to PM a mod to find out.
    My Trading Feedback

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    There’s a parody forum?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Cranky said:
    There’s a parody forum?
    This is the parody forum.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.